P1000 Will They Fit?

B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I'm thinking of holding onto my 2016 for another year and I've wanted to do a shock upgrade. I've basically decided on which shocks I'd like. I plan to purchase a new Pioneer next year. From what I've seen it looks to me like any aftermarket shocks I purchase for my stock 2016 should fit a new stock 2022 and more than likely a 2023. Am I missing anything?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just looked up on Ron Ayers a 2021 and 2022 and the Fox front were the same part#. I will attach the link so you can check yourself.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the plan to put new shocks on your '16 now, ride it another year, then yank the shocks before you sell it? That seems to me (I'm slow sometimes) that it would only make sense if you were gonna buy a low end 22 or 23 that has cheaper OEM shocks. If you were getting a Forrest or Trail, those would come stock with better shocks, of course.

B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is the plan to put new shocks on your '16 now, ride it another year, then yank the shocks before you sell it? That seems to me (I'm slow sometimes) that it would only make sense if you were gonna buy a low end 22 or 23 that has cheaper OEM shocks. If you were getting a Forrest or Trail, those would come stock with better shocks, of course.
Yes that’s my thought, I wanna get the Deluxe or below because I wanna avoid the I-4wd. I’ve had good luck with the old system in my 2016 and I’ve read some reviews and seen a few videos of the I-4WD not being as good as a true locking differential. I’ll just swap the stock shocks back on when I sell. I just ordered the shocks.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that’s my thought, I wanna get the Deluxe or below because I wanna avoid the I-4wd. I’ve had good luck with the old system in my 2016 and I’ve read some reviews and seen a few videos of the I-4WD not being as good as a true locking differential. I’ll just swap the stock shocks back on when I sell. I just ordered the shocks.
What kind you getting?

B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What kind you getting?
Well I was set on stage 1 Elka’s but after Rayger143 replied above I went to the 2022 oem parts microfiche and ordered the 1000-5 Trail model front and rear Fox shocks. I ordered the 1000-5 shocks assuming the spring rates would be higher, we always run fairly loaded and with at least two sometimes three people.
Part#s
Front 51400-HL4-AG1ZA
Right Rear 52400-HL4-AG1ZA
Left Rear 52500-HL4-AG1ZA

Now after doing a little more digging here I’m worried I’ll end up in the back order blackhole. My order showed an expected delivery of 6/3/22-6/8/22.

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I was set on stage 1 Elka’s but after Rayger143 replied above I went to the 2022 oem parts microfiche and ordered the 1000-5 Trail model front and rear Fox shocks. I ordered the 1000-5 shocks assuming the spring rates would be higher, we always run fairly loaded and with at least two sometimes three people.
Part#s
Front 51400-HL4-AG1ZA
Right Rear 52400-HL4-AG1ZA
Left Rear 52500-HL4-AG1ZA
Yea the spring rate should be higher on the front. Not sure about the back. Hopefully they are in stock and not on backorder. Last I was told from Ron Ayers is that all the oem fox shocks were on backorder

B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea the spring rate should be higher on the front. Not sure about the back. Hopefully they are in stock and not on backorder. Last I was told from Ron Ayers is that all the oem fox shocks were on backorder
I’m hoping somethings changed and they can ship them. I don’t mind waiting a little but I’m not into waiting months on end.

I’m hoping because I ordered the OEM shocks for the 2022 they come with Silver springs. Spring color isn’t a deal breaker but it’ll match my Highlighter motif better.

DE29DE68 0147 4334 A0D2 376C710C70E3

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I’m hoping somethings changed and they can ship them. I don’t mind waiting a little but I’m not into waiting months on end.

Nothing has changed. Fox keeps pushing the ESD (estimated ship date) to Honda every month. Every month the date comes, they push it out another. Been doing that for quite some time on QS3's front and rear. They just pushed it yet again to late June. I was waiting since the beginning of NOV. I finally told Ayers forget it and issue me a refund (they did). If I keep this thing (currently for sale), I'll put something other than Fox's on there.

Reactions: Rayger143
B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nothing has changed. Fox keeps pushing the ESD (estimated ship date) to Honda every month. Every month the date comes, they push it out another. Been doing that for quite some time on QS3's front and rear. They just pushed it yet again to late June. I was waiting since the beginning of NOV. I finally told Ayers forget it and issue me a refund (they did). If I keep this thing (currently for sale), I'll put something other than Fox's on there.
I’m fully expecting an email telling me they are on back order. Of course nothing in regards to being delayed is mentioned while ordering, and the order confirmation email has an expected delivery in early June. At this point they must know they are back ordered so why not be upfront.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I’m fully expecting an email telling me they are on back order. Of course nothing in regards to being delayed is mentioned while ordering, and the order confirmation email has an expected delivery in early June. At this point they must know they are back ordered so why not be upfront.
My "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but an item on your order ###### has been placed on back order with the manufacturer" e-mail from Ron Ayers arrived 9 days after I placed the order. It will come from Allen Gates. You'll get to know him well, depending upon how long you are willing to wait. He's really good friends with @WagginTail, too 🤣

B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but an item on your order ###### has been placed on back order with the manufacturer" e-mail from Ron Ayers arrived 9 days after I placed the order. It will come from Allen Gates. You'll get to know him well, depending upon how long you are willing to wait. He's really good friends with @WagginTail, too 🤣
I’m not looking forward to it. Now I’m wondering if I should cancel and order the Elka’s or 814 shocks.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just order fox for a 1000-3. Call and talk to Allen Gates. He will tell you if the Honda warehouse is showing in stock or not. That's what I ended up doing. Seems like he should do that with the initial email though
And you'll end up wanting to put single rate springs on anyways

B

branr1

Aug 20, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sent an email to Ron Ayers and Allen replied quickly. One of the rear shocks is in stock and the other three shocks are on backorder with no ESD. I requested my order be canceled and my card refunded. I’m bummed but I appreciate you guys sharing the info. Any suggestions on shocks? Or am I out of luck in the current world situation.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sent an email to Ron Ayers and Allen replied quickly. One of the rear shocks is in stock and the other three shocks are on backorder with no ESD. I requested my order be canceled and my card refunded. I’m bummed but I appreciate you guys sharing the info. Any suggestions on shocks? Or am I out of luck in the current world situation.
Dern. Last week he told me there were 10+ sets of front shocks for the 1000-3. I ordered some Wednesday or Thursday and they was at my house yesterday. These are the aftermarket qs3 with red springs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!