P1000 Will this work?

DoubleA

DoubleA

Jul 9, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CF03CFEE 1F38 4ACA 9743 D586482ACBF0
I am wanting to mount 235/75/15 all terrain tires to these wheels. Will that combo work on a stock 2021 pioneer 1000-5?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Short answer - no.

The rim tape is made for bicycle rims that have a larger diameter than your wheels. The tape is flat, die cut, for the radius of the bike wheel. You'd have to bend the tape to conform to the smaller wheel rim and this would result in loose or fold over areas along the inside radius of the tape.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 282961I am wanting to mount 235/75/15 all terrain tires to these wheels. Will that combo work on a stock 2021 pioneer 1000-5?
Sure you can mount those with that tire. Same tire @BWAF has i believe?
welcome the forum anyway!
Tanks for the pic of the rim, but u missed the most important pic…your machine!!
as the 1st bible verse of the forum says….
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

Last edited:
DoubleA

DoubleA

Jul 9, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure you can mount those with that tire. Same tire @BWAF has i believe?
welcome the forum anyway!
Tanks for the pic of the rim, but u missed the most important pic…your machine!!
as the 1st bible verse of the forum says….
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!5 ;)
OK I believe my avatar is updated with a pic of the machine. The two things that are a little different with this wheel is it is a 6' rim and the offset is listed as +38MM. Just wanting to check if either of these would make a difference, when mounting on a stock machine?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
OK I believe my avatar is updated with a pic of the machine. The two things that are a little different with this wheel is it is a 6' rim and the offset is listed as +38MM. Just wanting to check if either of these would make a difference, when mounting on a stock machine?
Everybody gets all wicked technical about offset lol. The way i did it is, if i like the rim and its lugs are for the P1, I bought them then if i needed some spacers (9 times out of 10 u will anyway when your going larger than the stockers) depending on how much bigger than the stockers you go, your gona need new Arms to not rub and shocks to not bottom out. Got to work smarter not harder! ;)
One thing id recommend running an LT tire, Get u some beedlock rims. The way an LT tire is made, u want to be able to run low pressures without blowing it off the beed. Ive been running LT’s for 3 yrs, only 1 yr without beedlocks for that reason. In the pic, i have SATV arms and Fox shocks with preload to get me the extra lift/Clarence i need, also have 1-1/2”RB3 spacers in back and 1” in the front to clear. My tire is 30x9.5x15 not far off from the one your asking about.
3D06B6A6 90E8 47CE AB06 0AC20F76791F

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 282961I am wanting to mount 235/75/15 all terrain tires to these wheels. Will that combo work on a stock 2021 pioneer 1000-5?
The diameter of the tire is too large. You will need front forward arms. With the wheels choice its hard to say if you may need spacers as well. That will most likely be a trial and error fitment. The rear should fit fine.

DoubleA

DoubleA

Jul 9, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for all the replies. I should have given the main use for my machine and asked for options rather than would this particular tire/rim combo would work. Not sure if I should start a new thread or not, but I will just ask here. this machine will be on pavement or logging roads 99% of the time, so I am looking for the most economical way to get a common size all terrain tire that I can rotate. I like the looks of the rims pictured and 15 inch tires are pretty common. I don't want to add anything other than wheel spacers. Could I use the rims pictured and get a smaller tire maybe?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you for all the replies. I should have given the main use for my machine and asked for options rather than would this particular tire/rim combo would work. Not sure if I should start a new thread or not, but I will just ask here. this machine will be on pavement or logging roads 99% of the time, so I am looking for the most economical way to get a common size all terrain tire that I can rotate. I like the looks of the rims pictured and 15 inch tires are pretty common. I don't want to add anything other than wheel spacers. Could I use the rims pictured and get a smaller tire maybe?
Yes, but either way u will need spacers, and preferably shocks imo if u go with anthing bigger than a stock tire. Eventually you will rub someplace doing something not b happy and be right back here like all the rest asking whats the fix? lol.
what machine do u have? LE, Deluxe? Stock shocks aftermarket?

DoubleA

DoubleA

Jul 9, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, but either way u will need spacers, and preferably shocks imo if u go with anthing bigger than a stock tire. Eventually you will rub someplace doing something not b happy and be right back here like all the rest asking whats the fix? lol.
what machine do u have? LE, Deluxe? Stock shocks aftermarket?
I have just the basic model with 12 inch rims, 27 inch tires, and factory shocks.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have just the basic model with 12 inch rims, 27 inch tires, and factory shocks.
So youll prob want some sort of sispention/drivetrain upgrade. Be it Arms, shocks, spacers. Id deff do shocks for ride quality and preload to get u some clearance and then add some spcers if beed be? If u need clearance and dont have the money or dont want to buy shocks, id add some shock spacers to the stockers. There is threads on here as to how to do that.

DoubleA

DoubleA

Jul 9, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So youll prob want some sort of sispention/drivetrain upgrade. Be it Arms, shocks, spacers. Id deff do shocks for ride quality and preload to get u some clearance and then add some spcers if beed be? If u need clearance and dont have the money or dont want to buy shocks, id add some shock spacers to the stockers. There is threads on here as to how to do that.
Thank you, I will look at the shocks first and then go from there.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These guys are neat to work with. I have worked with them a couple of times. I got my truck wheels and pioneer wheels from them

If you chat with them they will discount almost anything.

You need forward arms to fit bigger tires on front. You do not need anything on the rear.

@SuperATV also can give discount codes for their website if you prefer their brand of arms.

@RB3offroad has good spacers from what I hear.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These guys are neat to work with. I have worked with them a couple of times. I got my truck wheels and pioneer wheels from them

If you chat with them they will discount almost anything.

You need forward arms to fit bigger tires on front. You do not need anything on the rear.

@SuperATV also can give discount codes for their website if you prefer their brand of arms.

@RB3offroad has good spacers from what I hear.
use code taketen for $10off

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!