BOX1

P1000 Winch angle

B

Bkt_tater

Mar 13, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello. I’m new to the forum. I got a 2021 pioneer 1000-3 about a month ago. I’ve been trying to decide on winches and other accessories. I finally decided on the Super ATV 4500 black ops with model specific mount. It came in today. I got around to installing it and found that it has a sever angle from the fairlead to the winch spool. I inverted the winch, which alleviated a good bit of the angle, but it still has about an inch and a half of drop from the fairlead to the spool. The fairlead that came with the winch is smaller than the factory hole. I think that is the problem.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before.

I think I’m going to giver Super ATV a call tomorrow and see what ideas they have.

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
B

Bkt_tater

Mar 13, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A picture would be helpful. Meaning we could see if the cable is coming off the wrong side of the spool for your application.
It got dark before I finished. I am going to continue tomorrow. I’ll try and get pictures in the morning. You know it’s tight in there.

Last edited:
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's normal mine is all warn and it's on a angle and never had a problem. I would not invert the winch, the plate is designed to be pulled on certain way. if they wanted it inverted than instructions would of say put it on that way.

B

Bkt_tater

Mar 13, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's normal mine is all warn and it's on a angle and never had a problem. I would not invert the winch, the plate is designed to be pulled on certain way. if they wanted it inverted than instructions would of say put it on that way.
With the winch right side up, it actually has the winch pulling down from the fairlead. That seems like it would damage the mounting bracket. With the winch inverted, it is pulling straight. And there weren’t any instruction. The whole manual was instruction of how to use a winch. Nothing about mounting.

Reactions: Lady01
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U have to get instructions online satv has them on there website makes life alot easier just to download a pdf

B

Bkt_tater

Mar 13, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
U have to get instructions online satv has them on there website makes life alot easier just to download a pdf
The instructions on the website are the same as the one in the box. It says bolt to mounting bracket and connect electrical.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The instructions on the website are the same as the one in the box. It says bolt to mounting bracket and connect electrical.
There's detailed instructions with pictures on the web site click on the mounting plate and it's on there

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@SuperATV looks like a thread you might be interested in. And don't forget to let him know about the #NTC discount good for zero percent off everything at SuperATV.com if you get a chance to help him out.

B

Bkt_tater

Mar 13, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To update the thread, the instructions for the pioneer 1000 mount show the winch mounted upside down. Nothing specifically says to mount it upside down. But the winch instructions says to make sure it is mounting to “under spool”. I called super atv this morning and they said it should be mounted upside down with the pioneer 1000. It still has a slight angle to the fairlead, but I’m not very concerned with this angle. Sorry it’s too tight for pictures in there.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
My buddy Braden as a little instruction video that may help clarify any questions.

And, like @JeremieBaker said, you can always get your absolute 0% discount with the code #NTC. That's right! 0% off any order! 🤣
- Or you can PM me for a real discount. 😉🤣

Last edited:
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My buddy Braden as a little instruction video that may help clarify any questions.

And, like @JeremieBaker said, you can always get your absolute 0% discount with the code #NTC. That's right! 0% off any order! 🤣
- Or you can PM me for a real discount. 😉🤣
Excellent video. Thanks. What brand of angled torque wrench were you (SuperATV) using in the video. That looks perfect for those areas that my standard torque wrench would be too big.

Reactions: Lady01 and SuperATV
Usmc3468

Usmc3468

Supporting Member
Mar 21, 2021
Greenwood, Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To update the thread, the instructions for the pioneer 1000 mount show the winch mounted upside down. Nothing specifically says to mount it upside down. But the winch instructions says to make sure it is mounting to “under spool”. I called super atv this morning and they said it should be mounted upside down with the pioneer 1000. It still has a slight angle to the fairlead, but I’m not very concerned with this angle. Sorry it’s too tight for pictures in there.

I am doing the same install. The video shows one way and the instructions show another way. Just so I am clear do you have the electrical connection side of the winch on the drivers side or the passenger side?

B

Bkt_tater

Mar 13, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!