P1000 Winch choice

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any coolness of mine is hidden the way it mounts upside down inside the factory bumper

Yeah It’s a shame but I’ll be in the same situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back to the OP's questions of choice of winch and why, I posted my logic on the other thread.

Post #30

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I had a KFI stealth 4500 mounted on the stock bumper. It did spend it’s fair amount of time in the water and mud mounted that low and I used it quit a bit. The free spool broke on it meaning I couldn’t get it into free spool, it still powered in and out. I took it off and took it apart it had quit a bit of mud in the gears. I took them out and cleaned everything up and put it back together and it works great. Before I fixed it I looked around at different winches and loved the warn axon so I ordered it. My neighbor had a P700 and had burned up 4 tractor supply winches so I put my KFI on his machine. It’s still working. I ordered the HMF bumper and am waiting on it to install the warn. Long story short I would recommend the KFI I’m going with the warn because of the extra 1000 lbs of pull and I would stay away from the tractor supply winches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Z

Zaccatdaddy

Feb 28, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m curious about the same question. Has anyone not tried a kolpin?

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with a viper elite 4500. Reason is easy I had a 4500 max on a RZR 800 for a couple years. Used the crap out of it. Moved it to a RZRxp 4 and used the crap out of it some more for a few years. It never gave me any problems and always did what I needed it to. I did probably change the rope 4 times lol. I Let it go with the machine when I sold it. So I went with another viper on the pioneer. Upgraded to the Elite this time. Wide spool and wireless remote were two things I wished I had on the old one. Stuck with 4500 just because I never felt like my old one was underpowered.

Besides a sxs doesn't really have thick heavy frames. I Kind of feel like if a 4500lb with a snatch block won't get it done then it's to much for one sxs to pull. Mounting directly to the frame on a pioneer the winch is only attacted to what two 1- 1/2" pieces of thin wall tubing? If its hanging out on a winch bumper your adding leverage. I'd rather the rope break or the winch give up before I crush the frame tubes or start warping the front end.

Kisssofdeath

Kisssofdeath

Jun 7, 2020
Greer, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What about the Badlands 5000 from Harbor Freight for $159?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I first had the Warn 4K for over 2 yrs, used only a few times. First the controller stopped working, was replaced for free. At Mulberry this year it started winding in very slowly, then would speed to to normal speed. Warn advise it would get worse and had to be removed from bumper in order to repair. I did not have time for that before going to the 'overland ride' at Tackett Creek a few weeks ago. I replaced it with Viper Elite widespool 6000# from the club store. Had to use it a couple of times and performed very well. I like the synthetic rope and lifetime warranty.

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and TripleB
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had the superwinch 4500 for three years. It has never let me down.

Reactions: Ohio4x4
R

rickoshea

i have a runva 4500.price was right and reviews were good,free shipping.controller is mickey mouse but i run my warn controller and components from my warn 2k,just swapped the winches and left everything else installed.pulls great at a decent speed,but the front mounting bolts were too short for the kfi mount.other than that it's satisfactory.i don't winch very often,my heaviest loads are when my docks get pulled out in the fall.only down side to it is you can't swap to synthetic rope if that matters to you.

Kisssofdeath

Kisssofdeath

Jun 7, 2020
Greer, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just bought the Badland 5000 lb winch. The $159 + tax made it a wise choice. The reviews on all the Badland winches I read about were positive. For my use the winch is like insurance, I don't plan on using it at all but when I do it will be worth its weight in gold. So, for a winch "I don't plan on using" $159 made it a "wise" choice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!