P1000 Winch dash switch

T

Tinnocker1976

Jul 17, 2016
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok so I am new here. I just picked up a 1000-5 and picked up the Honda dash switch kit, also the warn Honda winch and mount. I want a dash switch for my winch, we're can I get a switch and plug so I can use one of the accessories switch spots.

Thanks dave

T

tsummerl

Mar 31, 2016
Broaddus Texas
ok so I am new here. I just picked up a 1000-5 and picked up the Honda dash switch kit, also the warn Honda winch and mount. I want a dash switch for my winch, we're can I get a switch and plug so I can use one of the accessories switch spots.

Thanks dave

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome @Tinnocker1976! I just came across this. I'm surprised nobody has tried to help. People here are normally all over this type of stuff.

From your post I'm going to guess that you have the remote switch and you are wanting to also have a rocker switch in your dash. A good source for switches is OTRATTW I'm pretty sure they are who Honda gets their switches from. I haven't verified this, but if you are using the OEM switchplate that mounts in the lower cubby this companies switches should fit in it. If I'm wrong someone here will correct me.

If you are thinking about adding after-market accessories that go beyond what Honda sells, or you just would rather use after-market because they cost less and you aren't limited to what you can get, you really should check out all of the "Build" threads on here. There's some people that have really done an amazing job modifying and building their machines. @mystic1219 makes switchplates that perfectly fit the area above the cubby where the warning label is. Here's the thread on those Custom Switch Panels for P700 & P1000

I am currently awaiting my switchplate and switches and will hopefully be installing them this coming weekend. I have the remote winch plug in my glove box, and intend on splicing into the wiring harness to add a dash mounted rocker switch.

Reactions: mystic1219
T

Tinnocker1976

Jul 17, 2016
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow thanks a lot for the information I will get a winch dash switch on order.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow thanks a lot for the information I will get a winch dash switch on order.

You're welcome. I've gotten a lot of idea's and help here. Hopefully I can start helping others.

Reactions: Springer
T

tsummerl

Mar 31, 2016
Broaddus Texas
You're welcome. I've gotten a lot of idea's and help here. Hopefully I can start helping others.

amazon sells several styles. Search for winch rocker switch and chose witch style works for you. I highly recommend a switch plate fformystic

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Welcome @Tinnocker1976! I just came across this. I'm surprised nobody has tried to help. People here are normally all over this type of stuff.

From your post I'm going to guess that you have the remote switch and you are wanting to also have a rocker switch in your dash. A good source for switches is OTRATTW I'm pretty sure they are who Honda gets their switches from. I haven't verified this, but if you are using the OEM switchplate that mounts in the lower cubby this companies switches should fit in it. If I'm wrong someone here will correct me.

If you are thinking about adding after-market accessories that go beyond what Honda sells, or you just would rather use after-market because they cost less and you aren't limited to what you can get, you really should check out all of the "Build" threads on here. There's some people that have really done an amazing job modifying and building their machines. @mystic1219 makes switchplates that perfectly fit the area above the cubby where the warning label is. Here's the thread on those Custom Switch Panels for P700 & P1000

I am currently awaiting my switchplate and switches and will hopefully be installing them this coming weekend. I have the remote winch plug in my glove box, and intend on splicing into the wiring harness to add a dash mounted rocker switch.
I got a plate from Mystic fit perfect .mystic made it a custom fit 6 switches 2 volt meters and a round radio slot for my boss radio . Very satisfied with mine!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club!

Thanks @AKRider for digging up this post. Your right, we usually all respond quickly, however, its hard to ensure they all don't get overlooked.
Sorry for the delay @Tinnocker1976.

Here is the switch I bought - V-SERIES SEALED WINCH IN/OUT ROCKER SWITCH
Others here - OTRATTW :: Search results
Agree. get the plate from @mystic1219.
Let us know if you have questions.

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a plate from Mystic fit perfect .mystic made it a custom fit 6 switches 2 volt meters and a round radio slot for my boss radio . Very satisfied with mine!
how do you like that boss radio? does it have an external USB port as well as Bluetooth? im thinking bout going with that system and 4 of the speaker pods. just looking for opinions. thanks

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
how do you like that boss radio? does it have an external USB port as well as Bluetooth? im thinking bout going with that system and 4 of the speaker pods. just looking for opinions. thanks

I really like mine .Radio has USB port ,memory ,Mute ,and Weather channel. Several of the guys I ride with has this radio . 5 stars for me

W

Waf4011

Jul 25, 2021
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Thanks dave
Reading a bunch of threads trying to solve this issue. I ordered this. Realize it's well past when op could use the advice. But for the next guy

Screenshot 20211028 172616

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My two bits. I bought this rocker from Amazone and like it.

Because I plow a lot and am right handed, I mounted it in the dash to the left of the steering wheel.
That way I steer with my right and work the winch with my left.

Also, I didn't used the wired remote that came with my Superwinch Terra 45. I bought a wireless remote for about $25.

Last edited:
W

Waf4011

Jul 25, 2021
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My two bits. I bought this rocker from Amazone and like it.
View attachment 301937
Because I plow a lot and am right handed, I mounted it in the dash to the left of the steering wheel.
That way I steer with my right and work the winch with my left.
Me too. But I wanted the wiring harness. I didn't want to cut apart the one that came from Honda. Didn't realize I needed until after I had the separate switch and factory harness in hand. $50.00 lesson learned.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!