P1000 Winch for Christmas- Help !

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I got a motoalliance winch for Christmas for a pioneer 1000 and so far its been nothing but a pain in the *** to work with. It came with a emp winch plate to mount it to. From the instructions (pictures not very clear) I could not tell if it mounted up or upside down on the plate. Im still not 100 per cent sure . I even called the company but she couldn't tell, said she would email me instructions but haven't gotten them. If anyone knows which way it mounts please let me know. Now my next problem is the fairlead is to small to mount to the front bumper holes, so do I need to get a fairlead with rollers that will fit the stock bumper holes ? The holes are 6" center to center. And where to get it.

J

JTW

What size is the winch? General consensus is you need a 4500lbs for the 1000. A 4500lbs winch will allow for the right size fairlead. I swapped mine to synthetic rope and ordered off Amazon. I also replaced with an aluminum hawse. You would only use aluminum if you use synthetic rope though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015HJRUJ2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

The winch will mount inverted on the EMP winch plate.. refer to this thread for proper orientation of the plate.

P1000 - EMP winch mount with Superwinch Terra 45

Reactions: sharp
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is a 4500 winch with rope but even with the fairlead mounted it fits behind the bumper, so looks like I still need another fairlead to mount in front on the bumper.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

Odd it doesn't fit on the front.. but I know the custom splice will fit.. so since you have rope on it I'd just order one of them from Amazon and call it done.

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What size is the winch? General consensus is you need a 4500lbs for the 1000. A 4500lbs winch will allow for the right size fairlead. I swapped mine to synthetic rope and ordered off Amazon. I also replaced with an aluminum hawse. You would only use aluminum if you use synthetic rope though.
Amazon.com: 6" Black SxS / UTV Fairlead with 6 inch Bolt Pattern: Automotive

The winch will mount inverted on the EMP winch plate.. refer to this thread for proper orientation of the plate.

P1000 - EMP winch mount with Superwinch Terra 45
Why did you change to a hawse fair lead when you went to synthetic? I want to switch to synthetic, but I want to keep the roller fairlead if possible.

J

JTW

Why did you change to a hawse fair lead when you went to synthetic? I want to switch to synthetic, but I want to keep the roller fairlead if possible.
I just liked it better ascetically.. I don't see any reason you can't use the roller AS LONG as it's not burred up from using cable on it.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I am running roller but going to hawse. If the rollers ever stop or get a nick the rope is done. I've replaced too many rollers I'm done

Reactions: pct, sharp and JTW
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, thanks for the info. i will look at mine prior to changing.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, thanks for the info. i will look at mine prior to changing.
like CP said, the rollers get beat up a lot if you take it offroad. I went to hawse style after I destroyed my first roller fairlead on a rock.

Reactions: pct and sharp
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I know this is a little late. It the synthetic rope can get caught between the vertical and horizontal rollers and get cut. That's why you use a hawse fair lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is a 4500 winch with rope but even with the fairlead mounted it fits behind the bumper, so looks like I still need another fairlead to mount in front on the bumper.

I know exactly what you talking about. I have the 4500# kfi winch. Mine came with an adapter plate that allowed me to mount the roller fairleed. You can see the extra bolt off to the side. That is for the adapter plate. 102b484ed28687bc2aadec57cf79bdfd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!