P500 Winch Install Advice

C

ChrisO83

Aug 18, 2018
Park City, UT
Ownership

1. 500
Hello All,

I'm new to the P500 and I'm installing a SuperWinch Terra 25SR as a first time project.
I'm trying to find the best place to mount the solenoid so its close to the battery, in a relatively dry location and easy to get to; any recommendations?

Also, I'm hoping the circuit breaker will fit in the battery box with a little bit of coaxing.

Additionally, what is a good location to mount the remote socket plug? I thought the grill might be nice but I don't have the means to modify in a proper manner as I am in a remote location with limited tools and supplies.

Lastly, I might tap into the "accessory power socket" for power assuming it's a switch circuit, which wire is the hot?

Thanks for your help.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted my solenoid to the firewall. Circuit breaker on frame under hood, gotta be able to get to it without messing with that battery box too much. I put my remote socket next to the cig lighter. You never know when putting it off to one side if that'll be the one buried in mud. Cig lighter should have a green and a white, pretty sure green is hot.

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I couldn't find a spot near the battery to mount mine so I put it under the hood I just switched the long wires for the short wires I've got the superwinch 3500 it's probably pretty much the same wiring
20181011 200155

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I assume the Pioneer 500 is somewhat similar to other Honda products, i.e, Foreman in terms of wiring/winch. When wiring, I would give consideration if you want it to operate without the key on or hot (work without the key on). Personally, I think having the key on is a good option. As for mounting, I would place the connection sections well under the hood and high, but other folks here may have other great options for consideration....

C

ChrisO83

Aug 18, 2018
Park City, UT
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted my solenoid to the firewall. Circuit breaker on frame under hood, gotta be able to get to it without messing with that battery box too much. I put my remote socket next to the cig lighter. You never know when putting it off to one side if that'll be the one buried in mud. Cig lighter should have a green and a white, pretty sure green is hot.
Thanks, great info. I just found a post for the ultimate super winch install guide which is very helpful as well. The trick, it looks like, is to flip your wiring from battery to winch the opposite direction to facilitate a suitable location for the solenoid. Looks like the factory accessory wiring harness (08Z08-HL5-A00) to the under hood plug is a good option as well.

Reactions: trigger
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Hello All,

I'm new to the P500 and I'm installing a SuperWinch Terra 25SR as a first time project.
I'm trying to find the best place to mount the solenoid so its close to the battery, in a relatively dry location and easy to get to; any recommendations?

Also, I'm hoping the circuit breaker will fit in the battery box with a little bit of coaxing.

Additionally, what is a good location to mount the remote socket plug? I thought the grill might be nice but I don't have the means to modify in a proper manner as I am in a remote location with limited tools and supplies.

Lastly, I might tap into the "accessory power socket" for power assuming it's a switch circuit, which wire is the hot?

Thanks for your help.
They sell a lil cheap harness, Honda accessory harness... there a post on it by choog... for remote power on eBay for like 9$... I think I only paid 10$ at the dealership... gives 4 wire up options no splicing plug and play... sticky thread on it
P500 Accessorry sub harness description

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!