P1000 Winch Solenoid Mount

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HI guys, I'm installing my winch today and have researched the best I could. I have a Chamipon 4500LB winch and I want to install the winch solenoid in the factory loaction that little dip right in front to the battery( it is to tall to go along the side) BUT how do I get underneath to put the blots on OR can I screw down.

If some can get back to me I'll be underneath with a flashlight scraching my head.

Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It's a PITA for sure.
Seems like I took some things apart to access it.

Then. I had some UHMW laying around I used as a underside backing. Cut a price and bolted that underneeth. Now I can just screw through the plastic and into the UHMW with a solid hold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a PITA for sure.
Seems like I took some things apart to access it.

Then. I had some UHMW laying around I used as a underside backing. Cut a price and bolted that underneeth. Now I can just screw through the plastic and into the UHMW with a solid hold.

Yep, just finished..... that worked as a backing but I used some 1/4 wall hanging screws and the inserts and tightened up.....not bad....nice and tight. Winch mounted yellow and blue cables fished through and hooked up.

Last question well, I shouldn't say that but.....the factory blue taped black cable goes to the neg on the solenoid, right?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep, just finished..... that worked as a backing but I used some 1/4 wall hanging screws and the inserts and tightened up.....not bad....nice and tight. Winch mounted yellow and blue cables fished through and hooked up.

Last question well, I shouldn't say that but.....the factory blue taped black cable goes to the neg on the solenoid, right?
Yes. But only if your not running dual batteries.

If you have dual batteries I recomend the winch be direct to the second battery.

That ground can then be the second battery ground if you like.

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes. But only if your not running dual batteries.

If you have dual batteries I recomend the winch be direct to the second battery.

That ground can then be the second battery ground if you like.

Thanks for geting back to me, and good to know ( I thought it was just for the single) but I will be doing the dual batteries as a winter project. So I wired it all up and direct wired the little red wire to the battery and I have WINCH!!!! So just get the little red wire to the 15a ING fuse and snug all the wires and bumper up and good to go.

I have got a good laugh for all I thought I would share.......I had to get the wife to hold the allen bolt on the dash side while I tightned the nut on the inside of the firewall ( lack of a better term) and I had on the montior of the computer one of the members full dash of lighted rocker switches and she said "your're going to a lot of work for a winch" and I SAID "check that out!!!! H#$LL I'm just starting with a winch switch"....she shook her head.

Thanks again and till next question

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!