elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Going back to Windrock to complete my scouting for the Land Cruiser trip in September. Me neighbor and I will be staying in the Windrock Park campground Thursday - Saturday nights and riding Friday and Saturday. I hope to tie out my routes on Friday and have Saturday to do some additional exploring.

If anybody is free, would love to have company ... Friday likely to be fast and easy ride ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, did ya?

Yup. 107 miles of riding today .... 10 hours of video, one dead near trophy class whitetail, One cow elk, one 4x4 bull elk, one sow boar and about 12 choats.

A couple of trail segments that I have on video and need to get posted ... let's just say I was concerned about an end over end roll it was steep enough down hill.

Great day today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks like a good time.

Where's a picture of that projectile point?

Reactions: elkaholic
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Will get one later. I was really stoked about that one

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Earlier in week I tried to squeeze this ride in but adulthood got in the way. Looks like you're having a great time.

Reactions: Windrock1000
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just back to the camper ... another long day but my neighbors are converted. Don't be surprised if they show up at the takeover.

Gonna have some good vids. On one of the play hills at the flats, we almost had a major issue. Got bounced by one rock into another at the top of the hill. The first rock bumped the front end off the ground and towards the big rock on the right. Almost went over backwards. Stayed in the throttle long enough for the back tire to get over the rock. Then tapped the brakes.

Looking at the tracks. Only had the left rear on the ground as I crested the hill. Will be interesting to see what the VIRB data says our vertical angle was. Really thought we were gonna go end over end down the 100 foot slope.

Still picking seat fabric outta my butt!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@elkguide, pics you requested (crappy iPhone pics)

04c84a249d72f46058d5c90606126375

551d07bcfddda76af4ebdc7e79f53e1a

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
iPhone video from trail 12 late today. Got behind this group that would all come running to see me fail at a spot, but I'd just spank it

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Knock on wood, I must have one with good clutches. I was very very bad to them on the exit of 12 today. Much of the climb out was spent below 2,000 RPM and I caught myself a few times holding myself in place with the throttle.

Now that I've said that, it won't move under it's own power to get up on the trailer in the morning.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a metric s*** ton of video to post.

But thought I would get this one up first.

Sure thought we were going over backwards ....

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think that the pitch upwards was a bit more than the max shown. Based on other video, I believe the camera was pointed down 2-3 degrees or more. While stopped at the bottom of the climb, the pitch is negative and I know we were slightly nose up as that road was still climbing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!