J

JTW

@Windrock1000 @Ragnar406

Ps.. All this talk on the setups reminded me and I finally took measurements of the stock wheels and tire heights between the front and rear. At 12.5 psi the front measures 27 1/2” and the rear measures 27”.. bump the tire pressure up to 18 psi in the back and they measure 27 1/2” all the way around. Also, I stuck a level on the rear tire and with HL and preload on the shocks just to see where the camber is.. I’m 1/2” in at the bottom of the tire. Lastly, it’s 63” wide in the front and 61” wide at the back running 10” tires on all 4 with stock wheels and HL lift.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It also only took me 30 mins to get the 6 cotter pins out. I’m an amateur, what’s up with you pros not being able to get them out?

Last edited:
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Windrock1000 @Ragnar406

Ps.. All this talk on the setups reminded me and I finally took measurements of the stock wheels and tire heights between the front and rear. At 12.5 psi the front measures 27 1/2” and the rear measures 27”.. bump the tire pressure up to 18 psi in the back and they measure 27 1/2” all the way around. Also, I stuck a level on the rear tire and with HL and preload on the shocks just to see where the camber is.. I’m 1/2” in at the bottom of the tire. Lastly, it’s 63” wide in the front and 61” wide at the back running 10” tires on all 4 with stock wheels and HL lift.
Awesome - I think he wanted you to also measure the circumference-

“JTW when you get a chance air all tires to the same psi. Now measure the height of each tire. Now measure the circumference.
I'm betting the circumference is smaller on the rear tires. If it is not the same on all tires, I believe your drive train will be in a bind when you are in 4 lock. Will be cool to know if it changes!”

J

JTW

“JTW when you get a chance air all tires to the same psi. Now measure the height of each tire. Now measure the circumference.
I'm betting the circumference is smaller on the rear tires. If it is not the same on all tires, I believe your drive train will be in a bind when you are in 4 lock. Will be cool to know if it changes!”
Measureing the height difference between the front and rear gives you that just multiply by 3.14..
Front=86.35
Rear=84.78

I think the difference is insignificant... but I can manipulate it with a little higher psi in the back.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

If he is in a situation that needs diff lock a little difference in dia will not matter.
Hopefully he knows not to run diff lock on dry pavement.
If he is turned turtle with all 4 tires in the air even diff lock is not going to help.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Windrock1000 @Ragnar406

This is why I put on the 1.5" wheel spacers in the rear tonight

J

JTW

If he is in a situation that needs diff lock a little difference in dia will not matter.
If he is turned turtle with all 4 tires in the air even diff lock is not going to help.
Lmao..

Reactions: Windrock1000
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Measureing the height difference between the front and rear gives you that just multiply by 3.14..
Front=86.35
Rear=84.78

I think the difference is insignificant... but I can manipulate it with a little higher psi in the back.
Dang breaking out your math skills - tell the truth you googled that

I was also courious as I have a set of deluxe wheels that I may one day put other tires on or sell

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Windrock1000 @Ragnar406

That's why I got the superatv rear a-arms- fix that rear camber after the lift is installed! The 1" spacers will help with the rear track. At 18 psi is the rears tires hard? I'm afraid the tire setup is a factor in popping axles. More riding will tell!

Reactions: JTW and pct
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

"Turned Turtle" That's funny! Im calling his setup "Rear Draggin"

Last edited:
Reactions: ohanacreek and pct
J

JTW

That's why I got the superatv rear a-arms- fix that rear camber after the lift is installed! The 1" spacers will help with the rear track. At 18 psi is the rears tires hard? I'm afraid the tire setup is a factor in popping axles. More riding will tell!
But aren’t most of the axles are being broken upfront?.. I agree that it makes sense on the camber potentially being part of the cause for rear breakage but shouldn’t a heavy load (hehehe) get rid of most of that camber?

Also, I haven’t ran mine to play with the rear psi yet.

J

JTW

Dang breaking out your math skills - tell the truth you googled that

I was also courious as I have a set of deluxe wheels that I may one day put other tires on or sell
One of the few things I retained from math.... I guess I just really like pie!

Reactions: Windrock1000
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But aren’t most of the axles are being broken upfront?.. I agree that it makes sense on the camber potentially being part of the cause for rear breakage but shouldn’t a heavy load (hehehe) get rid of most of that camber?

Also, I haven’t ran mine to play with the rear psi yet.
You are taller up front so it’s dragging the rears

Reactions: JTW
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Upload 2018 1 11 17 5 46

He says the skid plate on the ROPS is for trees.

Come on, it's a skid plate - on the side of his P1k.
We all know what's going on.
I'm sure it's just southern good manners that no one said anything.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I will muddy the waters and throw out this bit of information, the final gear ratios are different between the front differential and the rear differential.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!