P500 Windshield and hood problem

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure which one you have...but sounds about right for most windshields. Had a fella on here rig up a swivel fixture to where he could swing the windshield up by only loosing two thumb screws....that was on a different windshield...but possibly something you could figure out a way to do on that one as well.

P500 - Super ATV Windshield Modification

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I guess I assumed this was the Honda wind deflector.
The instructions say:

Upload 2017 12 23 17 5 59

For any of the Honda accessories the installation instructions are available so you can check it out before you buy.

Pioneer 500 | The Honda Side by Side Club!

(as a club, we should start loading up the non honda instructions too)

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I guess I assumed this was the Honda wind deflector.
The instructions say:

You guessed the right windshield, thanks for the link to the instructions. I was able to change the brackets around and install the wind deflector on the inside of the ROPS, so it just touches the hood. It's not perfect, but I can live with it. Thanks for your help!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
G'day folks. I just put a Honda wind deflector/short windshield on the P500, and I have to take it off, or move it up, to open the front hood. Do I have it on wrong?
Dont know , I have a 3 pc fold down and I can open hood as long as the windshield is up .

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted my Moose windshield about 1-1/4" (32mm) above the hood which allows opening of the hood without disturbing the windshield, not sure if you can do the same with OEM or if you would like having a slight draft coming in by your hands. It does seem to help cut down on the vortex effect somewhat. Of course the other option is not putting anything readily needed under the hood.
Winch1 Moose1

D

Deleted member 3748

I use this during the warmer weather and I can remove the hood with the windshield in place and all the way down.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00R51KS22/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: RumpRocket
D

Deleted member 3748

How is it possible to remove the hood with the windshield all the way down?
Look at the photos in the link closely. The windshield doesn't follow the ROPS down to the hood. It bends early and sits on the dash.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!