Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all,

It has been a while since I posted here but I lurk often
I see the kit here for everything I need to get my 700-4 on the asphalt except for wipers.
I currently have a two-piece windshield. I like having options for pass-through air flow or, should I say, dirt flow. 😁

I did a search but don't see anything recent. Hoping someone here has some advice on wipers and a windshield if necessary.

thanks for any input.

Reactions: FJC 79
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all,

I see the kit here for everything I need to get my 700-4 on the asphalt except for wipers.
I currently have a two-piece windshield. I like having options for pass-through air flow or, should I say, dirt flow. 😁

I did a search but don't see anything recent. Hoping someone here has some advice on wipers and a windshield if necessary.

thanks for any input.
Only thing I am aware of is the Honda glass windshield and wiper but there are probably other options. someone with more experience will chime in. have you tried the search bar at the top of the page.

Reactions: L2R
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey all,

thanks for any input.
You could do a search for wiper motors. Maybe look at the ones for boats. Some are cheap. All you'll need to do is drill a few holes in the upper windshield and the wiper motor will move with it when you flip it out. Not the best picture but this windshield flips out and you can see where the motor is mounted.  HN61RQvV8PTJ1w4N5Su ftAw499 h665 s noauthuser0

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks all. Yes, found an electric wiper on Amazon for 90 bucks, but it doesn't sound like my poly windshield will hold up. I have not had any luck locating an OEM Honda glass anywhere. If nothing online, I guess I am heading to a dealership to get ripped.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks all. Yes, found an electric wiper on Amazon for 90 bucks, but it doesn't sound like my poly windshield will hold up. I have not had any luck locating an OEM Honda glass anywhere. If nothing online, I guess I am heading to a dealership to get ripped.
No, nothing will be great with poly. I don't see any glass flip outs for the 700 but the make glass fixed with wipers. I've seen guys modify the fixed to flip out. Little bit of fab work but from what I've seen it didn't look that bad.

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
E-bay. Type in Honda Pioneer 700 glass windshield and then decide if you wantoem or aftermarket. I have a Honda oem which seals better along the oem roof. I also got the wiper. W/S are less thn $600.00. I like the glass because it doesn't have the scratches that blind you when driving into the sun.

Reactions: FJC 79 and L2R
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not tried this yet but I have heard on here that synthetic wipers are best for poly windshields. I have made the purchase for a set on my SuperATV flip up but I have not installed it for my 1000-5. Do you need an electric wiper operation or can manual be sufficient for your road worthy laws?

Reactions: Smitty335
L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I didn't wnat to multi-task while I drove so I ordered this.
But it will require an addition 5-600 investment as it will quickly destroy my 2-piece windshield.

Now, I am considering the manual one as I don't plan on using it often. It would normally be used in good weather.

This is to make it street legal in NC so an RV resort in SC will allow me use it on their property. It is huge. They rent hundreds of golf carts. As of 3 years ago, it was $60/day. I can also run to Walmart, drug store and several restaurants with the SXS. This makes my SXS a dingy for my motorhome. We would use Uber when needed. This saves us from buyig $2500 worth of flat tow bars and a car.

I already have a trailer. The SXS has DOT tires, back up lights and side mirrors so I am thinking that 500-$1000 gets me a dingy while traveling to the coast.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I didn't wnat to multi-task while I drove so I ordered this.
But it will require an addition 5-600 investment as it will quickly destroy my 2-piece windshield.

Now, I am considering the manual one as I don't plan on using it often. It would normally be used in good weather.

This is to make it street legal in NC so an RV resort in SC will allow me use it on their property. It is huge. They rent hundreds of golf carts. As of 3 years ago, it was $60/day. I can also run to Walmart, drug store and several restaurants with the SXS. This makes my SXS a dingy for my motorhome. We would use Uber when needed. This saves us from buyig $2500 worth of flat tow bars and a car.

I already have a trailer. The SXS has DOT tires, back up lights and side mirrors so I am thinking that 500-$1000 gets me a dingy while traveling to the coast.

View attachment 384348
Was intrigued about this wiper till i read the reviews. 80% said it was weak and either the spring wasn't strong enough to hold it to the windshield, it broke after first use or the swiping rage wasnt very big. Prob why there was a used one on there for $69.

Would be interesting to hear your extensive review after you had it for a while in regular use. Would be nice for those reviews to be 💩 cuz I like the idea and price.
But there were far too many of the same issues.

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks I normally do read the reviews so I may reconsider. It was $149 when I found it with good reviews on another web site. . I may just do the manual and live with it. My plexi split window might survive a while longer. Wish I could use rain-x on it and partly why I was going to glass. But I do love my split window giving me the option.

kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks I normally do read the reviews so I may reconsider. It was $149 when I found it with good reviews on another web site. . I may just do the manual and live with it. My plexi split window might survive a while longer. Wish I could use rain-x on it and partly why I was going to glass. But I do love my split window giving me the option.
Hello,
Did you come up with a solution? I put the Honda factory wiper kit on my split poly (Honda) windshield. I removed .750 of the wiper arm so I could keep the standard blade. It works very well. The poly does get scratched but a few minutes with a acrylic polishing kit and it's good to go.

HTH,
Kevin
PS: Pictures of it are in my accessories thread.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!