P500 Windshield for 2022 520

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buddy is picking up a new 520 Sat. and he wants a SuperATV flip up like mine on my 1000/5. We are getting way too many differing answers on this. Some say the 500 flip up will work and others say there's been a change in the frame of the new 520s. Is there anyone out there who really knows what's what? Anyone actually have a 2022 or 23 with a SuperATV flip up? Super ATV doesn't list any windshields for a 520. We are confused!
Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good question! I just assumed it would, but we don't have it listed. All my guys are gone today already, but I'll find out for sure in the morning.
Jim Dandy to the rescue!
Go Jim Dandy…Go Jim Dandy!!!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Well............I must have missed an email or something because I'm pretty sure I'm one of like....8 people that showed up to work today. No answers from the fitment team today, but I'll get them next week.

Delta

Delta

Nov 6, 2022
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 520
I started installing the superatv flip on my 520 today. And yeah the bottom piece is tight in-between the bars. I could get it flexed into place easily but it still had a slight bow from the tension between the bars. So I pulled out some sanding paper and blocks and started removing material from the lower windshield. Its a slow process I am getting close by hand and trying to resist the urge to use some power tools. I already had the windshield ordered before I saw this thread and had seen one installed online so I knew it could be done. If I had patience I should have returned it and waited but I am in too elbow deep now. I might have enough time tomorrow after work to finish.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
So....the full and half windshield will fit just fine. The flip is a little wider and fits pretty tight at the bottom. It works, but its not a good fit.....SO.....we are in the process of redesigning a retrofitted flip that will work for both.
The bottom piece of mine is really tight against the rops.

Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious

Mar 13, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 520
So....the full and half windshield will fit just fine. The flip is a little wider and fits pretty tight at the bottom. It works, but its not a good fit.....SO.....we are in the process of redesigning a retrofitted flip that will work for both.
@SuperATV Casting a vote for the redesign to include the lower flip portion mod others are doing to allow hood access. Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on my '22. Thanks!

Delta

Delta

Nov 6, 2022
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 520
I got mine worked out and fitted. Loving the superatv windshield.

49623037 41F2 4465 B043 B3FF91D7B10A

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got mine worked out and fitted. Loving the superatv windshield.

View attachment 365947
I ride in all kinds of brush and have yet to scratch my SATV flip. I don't like it in the summer, have to ride with it open, catches lots of brush. The Kolpin shortie goes on in the summer.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have the 801 since spring, it cracked over the summer without any impact at all.
I called the manufacturer and was told I'm on my own.
Not happy at all and do not recommend the 801 glass windshield.
Sorry your windshield cracked, I've had my sXs aka 801 since Feb 2019 with no issues, had a poly windshield previously that scratched terribly and I wouldn't go back to a poly if you gave it to me. At least you can get replacement glass at a local glass company.

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good question! I just assumed it would, but we don't have it listed. All my guys are gone today already, but I'll find out for sure in the morning.
It's been a while. Have ya heard any more on this?
Still not sure on a date for the update....but I know that its on the redesign list so it shouldn't take long. Its all done here in-house, so its just making its way up the production list right now. Maybe a month or two.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The prototype should be done, so I'm assuming we are just going to try to sell out of the existing kits before doing an updated production run. They are on sale right now, so it looks like we're trying to thin the old style out asap.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!