P700 Windshield question

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
What is a better choice flip down or folding windshield I wont be doing serious trail riding using for hunting and some moderate trails. I am in central Oregon very dusty. Just picked our delux 700-4 today wife tried to talked with fish lips she noted we needed a windshield quick :)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is a better choice flip down or folding windshield I wont be doing serious trail riding using for hunting and some moderate trails. I am in central Oregon very dusty. Just picked our delux 700-4 today wife tried to talked with fish lips she noted we needed a windshield quick :)
I'm not a windshield guy personally. The superatv one seems to be a popular one on here though. There is a guy that makes a replacement handle extension deal for it so it can be opened further for more air flow.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not a windshield guy personally. The superatv one seems to be a popular one on here though. There is a guy that makes a replacement handle extension deal for it so it can be opened further for more air flow.
The negative pressure behind a windshield typically seems to require a back panel as well to prevent a dust vortex into the cab.
I’m not a full windshield guy. I run a half and you can duck behind it if necessary. I agree with the above posts if you’re going a full windshield. 😉

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do they make a fabric back that I can use with a hard top. I see mid back ones?

Thanks for the help

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get yourself a SuperAtv flip up windshield and a Honda mid panel, it will change your life. 😉

81CB640E 5F06 4C88 9F2A 65B53053DDEB

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m not a full windshield guy. I run a half and you can duck behind it if necessary. I agree with the above posts if you’re going a full windshield. 😉
Like @Mudwing I just run a half windshield. It has 4 easy clamps and when the dust gets a little too much you can slide it up some to allow air to flow through. Mine is a superatv tinted and hardened. I am in the South but in Jan and Feb it does get a little brisk while riding. Mine is a 1000 also so your experience may vary.
IMG 0214

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Like @Mudwing I just run a half windshield. It has 4 easy clamps and when the dust gets a little too much you can slide it up some to allow air to flow through. Mine is a superatv tinted and hardened. I am in the South but in Jan and Feb it does get a little brisk while riding. Mine is a 1000 also so your experience may vary.
View attachment 216104
I’m liking the tinted style and man, you gotta a real nice mo-chine there. 😉😎

hondapro

hondapro

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2015
Central Pa.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the Honda full glass windshield it is nice that it don't scratch. It is nice in the fall and spring. But it makes it hot to ride in the summer and also causes the dust to suck in from the back, I have the Honda soft rear panel that helps some with the dust. If I was to buy another windshield it would be the flip up style.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
SuperATV, cracked partially for higher speeds to keep that vortex swirl effect from totally dusting you. Or at 10mph or so, it’s nice to fully open on a hot day.

Reactions: Mudwing and Ehunter
J

johnnys

Jul 23, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for all the help I did order from Atv this weekend. I also ordered the soft back.
Are you happy with the purchase or do you wish you had gone a different route?

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are you happy with the purchase or do you wish you had gone a different route?
I am happy with it. I could not get it to fit perfectly but it works fine. I rode with it in the dust this fall and last week it was in the 20 's with 10 inches of snow and it was fine. So I have used it open and closed. The soft back cover was a good investment. Help with dust and keeps the dogs in with the net. I need to put on side mirrors with the back on. I can't see with the review mirror. Have them have not had time to install will do it soon.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!