P700 Windshield Rubber Strip

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I lost one side of the rubber strip that helps seal the windshield to the side post. does anyone have an idea of where I can buy replacement striping?

IMG 0521

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd bet NAPA and such has it in bulk. Maybe a body shop too.

Reactions: swsebek
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi. I lost one too. I took the other one off and still probably have it thrown in the barn somewhere. Not sure if this is would work but I would probably give it a shot if I was looking to replace. 6 ft for 14.95

Moose UTV Windshield Trim Kit - 2317-0164 ATV & UTV - Dennis Kirk, Inc.
I don't think that stuff will seal right, it would be better than nothing but the sealing bulb is straight, when the one on the windshield is a side bulb, my phone isn't allowing me to attach the link right now but search side bulb trim in Amazon and eBay it pulls up multiple options. Along with any decent auto parts store can sell it to you by the foot

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I don't think that stuff will seal right, it would be better than nothing but the sealing bulb is straight, when the one on the windshield is a side bulb, my phone isn't allowing me to attach the link right now but search side bulb trim in Amazon and eBay it pulls up multiple options. Along with any decent auto parts store can sell it to you by the foot

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Awesome and thanks. That's right tmjm. I should have studied and thought before post or looked at old one. Scratch the last post. I bet a side bulb can be found here reasonable. Maybe?

Buy EPDM Rubber Seals - Free Shipping over $50 | Zoro.com

Reactions: popeye
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
But who needs 25 feet of EPDM?
I do. I need 100 feet. Then I could help lots of others out. I lost one, you lost one and I bet others have lost one. You can buy this stuff from 1 ft -250 ft rolls. I can send you the used one I have that's cut to length.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I think the door seal on a late 70's early 80's chevy pick up is the same thing. I lost one also, need to get another one before snow flies.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Lynn1130 and allgm1, I ordered 4 ft of material which should make 3 to test with. They are 14.5 inches long. I will yet you know if it's a good solution and will send you one if it is. Thanks

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seems you guys all have the same windshield and appear to like it.
May I ask what shield and do you recommend it.other than seal replacement.
I'm asking cause I have made my own 3 times now.Im tired of lexan and the scratch glare.

Reactions: jawquin
T

trapperm

May 28, 2017
Bemidji Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do. I need 100 feet. Then I could help lots of others out. I lost one, you lost one and I bet others have lost one. You can buy this stuff from 1 ft -250 ft rolls. I can send you the used one I have that's cut to length.

I lost one too. . . I ended up cutting the one I had in half and putting it on the other side. Will be interesting to see how the aftermarket stuff works.

I have the 2 piece Honda windshield. Its great except that I wish it would open a bit further. The scratch resistance is "ok" but Im currently looking through a scratch that was my fault during removal one day.

Trap

Reactions: jawquin and swsebek
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I'm asking cause I have made my own 3 times now.Im tired of lexan and the scratch glare.
honda 2 piece here. I never wipe mine, a hose and a truck washing brush with lots of soapy water, then rinse. Like @trapperm , I too have a scratch that was my fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: swsebek and jawquin
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I have bought 3 windshields. 1st one was a Split Honda hardcoat for 700. 2nd was a lower cost one for 500. 3rd was a Split Honda hardcoat for 1000. The Honda Split Hardcoat is pretty good. Nothing beats an Automotive glass style as far as durability though I don't see those offered in split and I like convertible changeable stuff. There is one that keeps catching my eye I would like to try and that's a Superatv flip style. Best wishes and there's good one's out there.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Reactions: jawquin and swsebek
Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this thread is old, but post a question. I keep losing my side seals. It's a running joke with my friend because I call them on the radio to stop because I keep losing my rubbers. I have the hard coat Honda OEM split windshield. I usual lose the small lower windshield seals, but ironically, I've found them every time. The tree branches love to scrape them off. Last weekend the snow was wet and heavy so the branches were horrible. I lost the lower on the way in, but found it on the way out. But, at some point on the trip, I lost an upper. How the heck does that even happen, and without noticing it.

Anyway, my question is, do I even need to have the side seals on if I don't have a fully enclosed cab? It does appear that the sides of the windshield come in contact with the ROPS, so I'm assuming they are only there for air intrusion if you have a fully enclosed cab????

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Little late but I used clear silicone to make mine stay on.

Reactions: Glank
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I lost mine pretty early in and never replaced them.
Didn't care because if I wanted to sit in a sealed cab either my truck or my jeep would be chosen not a SxS.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I lost mine pretty early in and never replaced them.
Didn't care because if I wanted to sit in a sealed cab either my truck or my jeep would be chosen not a SxS.
I don't think it is to keep it sealed it's to keep the plastic from banging together when it vibrates.

Reactions: Glock21user

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!