BOX1

P500 windshield troubles

D

dirtywheeler

Apr 25, 2021
westside
Any opinions on what is a good windshield for the pioneer? im thinking of getting the superatv flip up. so if it gets to dirty i can flip it to see, then it would also be nice to have the breeze in my face sometimes, any thoughts,

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes and Yes. You just answered your own question. SATV flip is the way to go.

Reactions: Morpheus and HUCK
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any opinions on what is a good windshield for the pioneer? im thinking of getting the superatv flip up. so if it gets to dirty i can flip it to see, then it would also be nice to have the breeze in my face sometimes, any thoughts,
A flip is nice in the rain / cold weather, in the tight woods, with it open you'll rip it right off, pick your poison!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A flip is nice in the rain / cold weather, in the tight woods, with it open you'll rip it right off, pick your poison!
Haha I ride tight woods and tight areas dragging deer, logs and what not the past 5 yrs with mine. Hit i dont know how many trees. Shes still on and tight

Reactions: toddvdh
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Haha I ride tight woods and tight areas dragging deer, logs and what not the past 5 yrs with mine. Hit i dont know how many trees. Shes still on and tight
Open? Mine closed works fine in the tight woods, open it would last like a fart in whirlwind. I loved my cheap enclosure and flip windshield this last weekend when it was raining cats and dogs, we had a blast and we were dry. The shortie will go back on once the weather stabilizes.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Three SXSs , three different windshields . Pioneer = fold down . RZR Glass fold down . Talon SATV flip . Talon was the last purchased .If it were the 1st they would all have SATV flips . Keep in mind that the with the flip on a P5 you cannot open the hood .

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Open? Mine closed works fine in the tight woods, open it would last like a fart in whirlwind. I loved my cheap enclosure and flip windshield this last weekend when it was raining cats and dogs, we had a blast and we were dry. The shortie will go back on once the weather stabilizes.
Yup, open!

Have u physically ripped yours off or are u just thinking you would?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Windshield ?? ALL are good depending What Level of Protcetion you want & Need.
Roof & Windshield ( Dust & Exhaust ) almost Require Back Panel.

Plastic ( Scratches EASILY)

Plastic Hard Coat ( BETTER then just plastic )

Glass ( even Better than hard coat in some ways ) Not that many More $$ than Hard Coat. W/Wiper doesn't Scratch Glass easily.
Flat Tinted Glass is inexpensive if you break it.

Vented -- Tip -- Fold -- Pick one for ( warm Climate a Must for Comfort ) along with rear Vent.

1/2 Shield ( personal preference -usually warm Dry Climate use )

FYI : Present Hard Coat Bottom Tipout w/ Wiper&Washer -- Soon to BE Glass Bottom Tipout w/ Wiper& Washer.
Others will add --subtract & correct

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
tenor.gif

Shoot me a PM if you decide to pull the trigger, and I'll get you the member discount. ;)

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I also put the Super atv flip up on my P500. I was so pleased enough to get the same thing for my PK-3D. I had half windshields on 2 Polaris Rangers and 2 Kawa Teryxs.

s/f Steve

Reactions: Mudder and SuperATV
Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
If you ride in dusty conditions your going to want a rear windshield of some type also. Once you install a front windshield the dust will get sucked in from the back and it’s worse than not having any windshield

Reactions: Mudder
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being I'm a newbie this is all new to me of course so I was wondering on the machine I have put a hold on the SE model does anyone know which windshield it is? I know its plastic but don't know what quality material its made out of......

D

dirtywheeler

Apr 25, 2021
westside
Three SXSs , three different windshields . Pioneer = fold down . RZR Glass fold down . Talon SATV flip . Talon was the last purchased .If it were the 1st they would all have SATV flips . Keep in mind that the with the flip on a P5 you cannot open the hood .
i saw someone on youtube post a hack for not being able to open the hood, he put the bottom section on a hinge to swing outta the way. little bit of fab work, but better than no hood access

Parttime

Parttime

Feb 24, 2021
West Monroe La
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the super atv windshield. Mine I had to trim 1/16 inch off the bottom both sides to fit in between the bars. Other than that loving it. The options of closed to cracked open to open all the way is nice.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
BThompson

BThompson

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2020
Potlatch Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I currently have the OEM Honda windshield but it is just barely scratched and if there is sun and shady corners I cant see anything. My step dad has this Super ATV Flip Up and I think it will be better but its pretty spendy.Honda Pioneer 500 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

I also saw a fold down one that looks like it is made of the same polycarbonate for a little cheaper and I like the idea for folding down so I don't get it caught on low hanging branches. Honda Pioneer 500/520 Scratch Resistant Folding Windshield

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Smitty335
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I currently have the OEM Honda windshield but it is just barely scratched and if there is sun and shady corners I cant see anything. My step dad has this Super ATV Flip Up and I think it will be better but its pretty spendy.Honda Pioneer 500 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

I also saw a fold down one that looks like it is made of the same polycarbonate for a little cheaper and I like the idea for folding down so I don't get it caught on low hanging branches. Honda Pioneer 500/520 Scratch Resistant Folding Windshield

What do you guys think?
SuperATVflip is the best ! I have a fold down on my Pioneer 500 , glass fold down on my RZR and SATV FLIP on my Talon . If my first one would have been the flip they would ALL have one . Only downside to the flip on a p5 is you can't open the hood w/o removing the lower section .

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I've had the Honda flip out for the past 3 years. Cost me about $600 I like the hood access and the breeze I can get even with a little rain falling. It's scratched beyond help now, mostly due to improper cleaning... In fact I'm planning to chop out a section about 20x35 and gluing a piece of 1/4" laminated glass over the hole. I'm hoping to have the glass tomorrow. Was quoted $125 for the glass btw. 163607196809433925917278314720👍

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!