BOX1

P1000 Wiring Gurus..advice needed

Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Calling all wiring Gurus. I’m currently in the process of adding some electronics. Among them are a dual battery set up, relay/fuse box, and switch plate.

I was just wondering how badly I butchered this wiring schematic!?

Attachments

• RELAY BOX.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 178
  • SWITCH PANEL.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 145
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't see any issues. This is how I run most of mine but with a different system.

Something to think about.
Consider freeing up a relay to provide power to the panel. If you do this, then you can skip installing a larger relay like a stinger.
A DPDT switch can then be used to power the panel relay and provide you both key-on use and key-off usage. Key-off will be a constant so it will need its own 5a inlne fuse. Key-on will already be fused through the factory ACC fuse if wired as such.

Also an idea.
For low draw items, (Ex. dome light, winch, radio trigger) you can use 1 relay to power multiple things thus allowing you to expand the panel but not expand the relay board.
It will require an additional wire to each switch for source power that can be jumped to just those low draw items.

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for the reply, @Hondasxs. I’m new to circuits and spent hours researching all this recently!

You mention freeing up a relay for a switch to power the panel. I intend on installing a breaker and having this powered entirely off the AUX battery and using a tap on the ACC power cable to power my switch panel so they would be key on.

Would that be an alternative to what you mentioned, or in addition.

Another question I had was about using 1 relay for multiple switches. Like having my my dome lights, rear lights and Rock lights on the same relay. Is that possible or a bad idea

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I would highly consider looking at is this. Feniex 4200

Fenex

Reactions: JenElio
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would that be an alternative to what you mentioned, or in addition.

Another question I had was about using 1 relay for multiple switches. Like having my my dome lights, rear lights and Rock lights on the same relay. Is that possible or a bad idea
Yes, what I mentioned is an alternative to a complete key-on system.

1 relay-- 3 accessories.
That is what I was mentioning. the relay would come on with key-on. It would then feed the switchs @#2. You can jump it to all 3 switches. Then feed the accessory. So full power would be passed through the switch. You will need to account for your AMP load keeping the combined accessories load under 10 (20 max) amps or so. Downside is... If one shorts you lose them all unless you fuse each one.

There is a dozen ways to do it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!