Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is pretty handy for getting wood into the house.
IMG 2610

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice but been there, done that. My remote for my ventless logs is really neat.
I must say some of those are really nice. In my case, when you own a cabin like a second house...you do what you can to save on gas so we heat with wood. I haven’t filled the propagny tank in 4 yrs. the only trouble with the gas fireplaces is that manufactures of those stay in business an average of 1-1/2 years so parts are a beotch to get.

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I must say some of those are really nice. In my case, when you own a cabin like a second house...you do what you can to save on gas so we heat with wood. I haven’t filled the propagny tank in 4 yrs. the only trouble with the gas fireplaces is that manufactures of those stay in business an average of 1-1/2 years so parts are a beotch to get.
I get my propane pretty cheap. The wife works for Amerigas. Been there 20 years.

Reactions: Remington and sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just be real careful with ventless, saved a lady life that had ventless logs a few years ago, if you don't already have a detecter on the ceiling by the fire place, GET ONE NOW!
Detector ? C02 or smoke ?

Reactions: sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A combo unit.If you read the directions on a ventless stove, they state open a window or door.
Good advise I'm sure but I've had this for 10 years with no issues. Professionly installed and no mention of open door or window. Still can never be too careful I guess.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I have ventless in the basement and a couple years ago it was really cold so I kept the logs running for suplimental heat to our heat pump. I was sleeping really good in front of the fire. Bought a carbon monoxide detector and the next day the f***er is going off!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good advise I'm sure but I've had this for 10 years with no issues. Professionly installed and no mention of open door or window. Still can never be too careful I guess.
Bet if you reread your directions, it will tell you to crack a window or door. They rely on a detection devise to shut down the logs, which I don't trust. If you have an older home that's not air tight (nothing wrong with that) you might be ok without cracking a door or window. BE SAFE!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
YUP
I have ventless in the basement and a couple years ago it was really cold so I kept the logs running for suplimental heat to our heat pump. I was sleeping really good in front of the fire. Bought a carbon monoxide detector and the next day the f***er is going off!
YUP! Thats why they tell you during a power outage not to heat your home with a gas stove with out cracking a window. Think about a gas ventless anything, do they burn CO2, NO! You are breathing it. If you find your self suffering from CO2 poisoning drink lots of milk, it will flush your system of CO2 pretty quickly. Ok, that's all the smart things I've got to say tonight, back to the BS!

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

So I had a pellet stove in the basement... I still have the 3” stainless vent running outside... I plugged it, but curious if that would allow enough airflow? All while not allowing too much thermal loss. About 2000sqft in the basement.. mostly open.

Reactions: Remington
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Like I said the wife works at Amerigas and boy does she have some stories about what people do. Scary.

Reactions: Mopower58 and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just be real careful with ventless, saved a lady life that had ventless logs a few years ago, if you don't already have a detecter on the ceiling by the fire place, GET ONE NOW!
There’s so much safety features on them they quit all the time. I have to get up and relight mine often. :rolleyes:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There’s so much safety features on them they quit all the time. I have to get up and relight mine often. :rolleyes:
I don't trust the safety features with my life and you relight them? Think you need to go back to square 1 and rethink relighting? Really, I want y'all around for a lot longer!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!