P1000 Wyo307's Build thread

W

Wyo307

Oct 2, 2021
Wyoming
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
Hello everyone I thought I would start a build thread for my P1K-3 instead of keeping it in the introduction thread. So here is my background. I picked up a new to me 2016 P1K-3 a month or so ago with only 179 miles on it. I quickly began buying parts to make it what I wanted so here we go in the order that I installed things so far:

First mod was adding rock lights on the rear that are tied to the back up alarm system as well as the running lights so that they only come on when the headlights are on and the machine is in reverse (work great, I have already used them a fair amount).

Next I added heat shielding under the seat/lower rear panel/rear floor panel and sealed off as many air gaps as I could.

Next was getting to the cab enclosure, when I bought it the previous owner had already installed the full factory Honda glass windshield. I added the factory roof and rear panel. I then put on the off road armor upper doors which I like because they are so easy to take on and off for the summer time and they are hard doors instead of soft doors. The machine actually came with Honda factory upper soft doors and rear panel still in the boxes but I wanted a hard cab so I sold them to lessen the pain of buying what I wanted.

Once the cab system was basically together the wiring began. I did the simple add a light off of the club store for the high beam light bar in the grill and then added a 54" bar on the roof for the mega light option. I also added some cubes on the back of the cab to use as work lights. I also added a couple of rock lights on the rear upper bar inside the cab for dome lights. The next item was the factory Honda windshield wiper but I didn't want their switch panel so I rewired it to work using a diagram I found on this forum, worked great!

I also had Richard make me a custom fan override switch which gives me full control of the radiator fan with auto (factory), Always on, and Always off positions so that I can run it constantly to cool it in the summer or override it and turn it off to get the heater core hotter in the winter. Plug and play and works great.

Next was a turnpro signal kit which wasn't too bad to put in and now I am fully street legal for where I live. I also upgraded to the smoke leds and upgraded blinker and hazard switches. It is a nice kit and I would recommend it.

In adding all of my accessories I also rewired the winch control that was previously installed and put in a second battery with isolator and another fuse block with stinger relay as many of you have done. I also have a wireless remote for the winch on order to install. I did the dual volt meter and dual usb chargers and all of the switches (except the horn button) were installed into a PBR switch panel on the dash.

Now I am still waiting on the RAD customs shifter covers, The factory windshield tip out brackets from T Mogg, the 4 pin trailer plug harness from xtc (converting to a 7 pin for my boat trailer), and the mirrors to come in. I also still need to put in the inferno heater, do the factory clutch cover update, install all of the weather stripping around the lower factory doors and try to seal off the cab better but I have all of that stuff already.

Oh I almost forgot to mention I also went and picked up a new trailer for it to ride on. A tandem axle (I know it is overkill) 14ft car hauler type which has been great so far. I wanted this type so that I can use it for some of my other projects as well. I also picked up tire tie down straps for it so that the machine will always be positioned the same on the trailer (the have wheel chalk type brackets that mount to the trailer deck) and I am securing the wheels instead of the body so the suspension doesn't have to be compressed from the straps while it is on the trailer.

I also bought a KFI pro Poly 72" plow kit for it which was simple to install/put together. Bring on the snow now!

Anyways that is my update as of right now and I will continue to update this thread as I wrap it up.

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good

Reactions: Lady01
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice looking 16. Pretty wiring work under the hood, good job.

And tandem axle isn't overkill, it's really the way to go, especially for longer trips. Much more stable.

W

Wyo307

Oct 2, 2021
Wyoming
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
Were you able to verify that the 2016 updates were done to your machine?
Yes the main one being the clutch cover which unfortunately has not been done yet. I have bought all of the parts and the oil that will be required but have not completed it yet. Reading though the service bulletin it does not appear to be that difficult so I am planning on just doing it myself.

The other main issue being the heat and I have already taken care of that. Outside of those two little problems it is just a handful of little things which I am not too worried about.

Reactions: Smitty335
W

Wyo307

Oct 2, 2021
Wyoming
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
Circling back to this thread after about a year of ownership. Machine has performed great all year! Pushes snow like a dream with the KFI plow, warm when ice fishing, goes anywhere etc. The only thing that failed was the bulb seal on the lower doors which I am about to replace with the tailgate seal trick. 7 pin trailer plug also works so I can back up my boat (uses trailer back up lights to override electric brakes). LED headlights with light bars are super bright (See picture of me on the ice). I also built my new "Toy Barn" for it this year so I didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked to but I have put about 1000 miles on it this year and it has been a great tool for plowing, hunting and adventuring. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

IMG 0753
IMG 0802
IMG 2791
IMG 5046
IMG 9831
IMG E8830
IMG E8834
IMG E8836
IMG E9338

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!