Yamaha to release new sxs - UPDATE

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have heard that Yamaha is announcing something new this week. Anyone else heard this?

Update - Yamaha has officially announced they will be showcasing new models on June 11th. Word it they will release a updated Rhino Side by Side and a few other motorcycles. We will post details as soon as we have them.

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
Re: Yamaha to release new sxs

I heard something about that too... I heard they were announcing a new ride towards the end of the month.
Maybe the will up the CC's. They been sitting on that 700 for a while too.
Looks like Honda and Yamaha in a race.
I sure hope Honda pulls ahead with something great later this year.

M

Miguel1994

May 20, 2013

I hope it too.

I think Honda has done a great work with the pioneer already.

Great design, somewhere in the meadle between a sport and a utilitary, not like the commander.

Besides that they don't get in the race for HP, like Polaris or Can Am. I rather prefer a reliable and smooth engine, with great torque, than a HP horse.

Let's be honest, who likes to go all the way full trhotle all day? Remember slow an steady is the best way, and your ride will be much more enjoyable.

About yamaha, I like them a lot too, hope they get the rhino just a bit better, like Honda did with the big red.

Hope Honda brings their new SXS to Europre too, it is the only one out there missing.

Regards

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Yes, We have heard this too. Our team is keeping one eye on Yamaha and will bring you the news as soon as it is available. Best source says look for a update mid week this week.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Was just fixing to post....
Thanks.

Here's a few pictures. Lots more on Yamaha's website and youtube channel.

Img 1

Img 2

Img 3

Img

M

Miguel1994

May 20, 2013
The pioneer is much better looking.

In my opinion this is what I'm disappointed with the viking:

-Not very desireble in terms of design;
-Looks heavy;
-No turf mode;
-Looks unstable, like the rhino did.

I think Honda has done a much better job.

PS: And what about them claiming is has a steel bed, not a plastic bed? Steel isn't always better, in this case I rather prefer the pioneers bed.

Regards to you all guys.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. with out the truff drive that wide rhino sized Viking will just rip the ground up. It now seems the Pioneer is a better choice for trail riding. The Viking would be a choice if i was a farmer or something.

P

Polarisman

Jul 14, 2013
ITS A BUST. Wait till Polaris releases there 14's later this month. Going to kill that yamaha.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Admin and HondaSxS I want to inform you that I did some digging and ran across some info. That tomorrow morning Jan. 20 2015 yamaha will release a new category and new sxs to there line up at 9:00 am pacific time. It will be a online reveal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!