P1000 Yet Another Pioneer 1000 Dual Battery Install - video

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a right or wrong thing. I find the convenience of the buss bar to be worth it and I protect it with red electrical tape that is easy to peel back when adding another device as shown in the video. High current devices I prefer not to run through the fuse box. I only connect low current devices through that. As long as proper safety and wire sizes are observed to carry the load current, there are numerous designs that will work. I have seen several designs I like better than mine. All good Mr. Red!
Agree here. There are choices and people have different set ups.
I didn't choose a bus bar, but went with a fuse box behind a 30A marine circuit breaker and 40A auto relay with KOP.
Others use Stingers. Of course my winch is straight to the batteries, but the contactor is to the fuse box.
I liked this setup because it let me remove all of the in-line fuses. I just made sure to use the proper fuse in the fuse box.
But true to the above, I've seen setups that I like more than mine. My big mistake was using a 6 spot fuse box and not a 12 spot mounted in a different location. That was my bad. A positive bus bar generally gives you a lot of slots.

H

HighboyPioneer

Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Wondering the same as Red B

Reactions: Smarkle3
R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the response True AM sent me. So I responded with the question "So this disconnects the Aux battery when the blue light is on?" Jeremy answered "Correct" .Hope this will help.

Red.

Re: remote battery disconnect​

Inbox

AAkddurNi4TdvAzGuxHGPFVkFqaCDtBd8eAa70yLv5IhnPgJjtX_-_E5EgxIvWWa7fsZQw=s40-p

TrueAm, Inc. <[email protected]>​

Thu, Mar 16, 11:00 AM
to me

This safeguards any voltage sensitive equipment you may have connected by disconnecting the Isolator while you are starting your vehicle.

Regards,
Jeremy

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!