P1000 Yet another tire question.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys. I've read almost every thread on here about wheels and tires. I have to say I have learned a lot and I'm as confused as ever. Lol

I ride alone a lot in remote areas, so, dependability is important to me. What I know (or think I know): I want bead-lock rims. I want all four wheels and tires to be the same size and also 6ply. I don't want to add a lift kit to the unit. I just want to be able to bolt the wheels and tires on and go. I will be riding mostly on Florida sand trails and roads, very little pavement, very little rocky areas, some mud.

If ya'll would, tell me what to get.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 3748

Ok guys. I've read almost every thread on here about wheels and tires. I have to say I have learned a lot and I'm as confused as ever. Lol

I ride alone a lot in remote areas, so, dependability is important to me. What I know (or think I know): I want bead-lock rims. I want all four wheels and tires to be the same size and also 6ply. I don't want to add a lift kit to the unit. I just want to be able to bolt the wheels and tires on and go. I will be riding mostly on Florida sand trails and roads, very little pavement, very little rocky areas, some mud.

If ya'll would, tell me what to get.

Thanks

Why 6 ply and not 8 ply? Weight?

Reactions: Rocket and Vikes79
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12” 5+2 beadlocks (original STI’s)

28” Braven Berserkers

RB3 wheel spacer kit.

Where is a good place to buy this combo already setup? Also, which wheel spacer size do you recommend? Like I said, I just want to bolt the stuff on and go.

Thanks

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Subscribed

why not 14” rims?

I’m in the same boat...but much more cold environments. My base model 12” fronts are chewed up pretty good because of alignment (corrected) but I have to run 6 mi with my P1k5 and snow plow to clear driveway of my old house I’m trying to get sold and I don’t believe the fronts are going to last the winter under that suspended load.

I can’t ignore the price points on Bighorn knockoffs (Sunf) in the 28x10x14 flavor.

J

JTW

Subscribed

why not 14” rims?

I’m in the same boat...but much more cold environments. My base model 12” fronts are chewed up pretty good because of alignment (corrected) but I have to run 6 mi with my P1k5 and snow plow to clear driveway of my old house I’m trying to get sold and I don’t believe the fronts are going to last the winter under that suspended load.

I can’t ignore the price points on Bighorn knockoffs (Sunf) in the 28x10x14 flavor.
28’s ride sooo much better on 12’s

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12” 5+2 beadlocks (original STI’s)

28” Braven Berserkers

RB3 wheel spacer kit.

And so it starts.:)

Wheels

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am pleased with them. They look good. They are a bit bigger than the stock ones. I had never messed with beadlocks before, I will say I was surprised how easy they are to mount, all you have to do is follow a few simple rules. Number one being, don't over tighten the bead ring bolts (don't ask me how I know, but I do have one wheel that I will be watching 3 of the bolts closely). Another rule, start them all by hand. Make sure to put your valve stem in first thing. Most important, take your time, don't get in a hurry.

JTW I wanna thank you. I pretty much bought what you had said too. Man, everything fits perfect. Thanks.

Tires1
Tires2

J

JTW

I am pleased with them. They look good. They are a bit bigger than the stock ones. I had never messed with beadlocks before, I will say I was surprised how easy they are to mount, all you have to do is follow a few simple rules. Number one being, don't over tighten the bead ring bolts (don't ask me how I know, but I do have one wheel that I will be watching 3 of the bolts closely). Another rule, start them all by hand. Make sure to put your valve stem in first thing. Most important, take your time, don't get in a hurry.

JTW I wanna thank you. I pretty much bought what you had said too. Man, everything fits perfect. Thanks.

View attachment 171752 View attachment 171753
Awesome!! I think you’ll really like them. I love the setup I have with 30’s but they’re a bit too heavy. I think the 28’s and 12’s will be about perfect!

Reactions: nitzo
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hate I hijack, but JTW would you go with the 30" again or can you really tell a difference with the weight?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Hate I hijack, but JTW would you go with the 30" again or can you really tell a difference with the weight?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Oh there’s a noticeable difference. I rode with @Cuoutdoors at Tackett and he went the 28” and 12’s route... there was an enormous bottom end difference. The 30’s need more bottom end.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh there’s a noticeable difference. I rode with @Cuoutdoors at Tackett and he went the 28” and 12’s route... there was an enormous bottom end difference. The 30’s need more bottom end.

Nitzo I have the exact set up you just ordered. 28in tires are for sure the way to go. 30s need more bottom end. Hell even 28s do at times.

But I have an LE and someone will come along and say I never left the road so it doesnt count.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!