P700 Considering a 700

C

ckeele223

Apr 2, 2019
St. George, Utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
In response to the question about the 700 having enough torque to be a complete all around utility and hunting vehicle, I too was sort of apprehensive about not having a low range to rely on in certain situations, having owned several vehicles with low range previously, that is until I started using my 700-4D for all kinds of different excursions and projects, I was so surprised and impressed on how much torque that 700 makes and how smoothly the torque converter and transmission applies that torque to the drive axles, you will not be disappointed, it is amazing in every situation I have found.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've tried to stomp the gas and spin the tires in the mud but it wouldn't.
I've tried to do donuts and had it bog down.
I've tried to keep up with the P1000 and got left behind.

But I've never been stopped due to lack of power. It may grunt, but it will get over that log or up that hill.

S

Sqdqo

Oct 19, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks guys! Very helpful and I appreciate it!

Reactions: Mudwing
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go big and don’t look back. Unless you’re in reverse. Next to a cliff. On top of the world.
F888F1D3 31E3 40DE AAE1 105953702791

advertisement
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go big and don’t look back. Unless you’re in reverse. Next to a cliff. On top of the world.
View attachment 162810
Looks like Yankee Boy Basin. Don't go there and expect it to perform anywhere near what it does at 'normal' elevations. I started out with a 700-4 alongside my '07 Rincon. It was a nice machine with good power but slow... wound tight at 40mph. As wide and heavy as they are, the locked rear made it hard to turn loaded on hard ground or pavement:rolleyes:.
We liked it but outgrew it as the salesman said we would. They are much easier to transport than a P1K for sure. Two trips to Colorado loaded in my 3/4 ton bed! P1k sure won't fit!

H

hoosiermatt

Apr 2, 2017
southern IN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
I've got many of the same questions as the OP, plus a couple of others. Most of what I ride is atv width and a little wider, so 60" is really hitting my width limit. I have a little RZR 570 and love it for romping, but need a 4 seater for the parents and kids (and pretty soon, grandkids). I find myself really wanting a larger bed, and at times a dump bed, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to the 700-4 or a wolverine x4 (which I know lacks the dump bed). My biggest questions are the comfort of the seats both front and rear. Is the non-adjustable bench seat without tilt steering a pretty decent compromise for most adults? Are the rear seats comfortable for average size adults for more than 15 minutes? I've also heard the seat/cab gets hot. I have no issues with a little engine warmth, but is it uncomfortable on a hot summer day? Thanks for any input. This thread has already been very helpful.

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I don’t have a great deal of miles yet but can give you my impression of seat comfort. First I’ll say I’m 6’3” and 66 years old so your mileage may vary. I find the front seat comfortable as does my 5’4” wife. The back seat is a different story. She finds it reasonably comfortable. I do not. I can sit in a back seat but my 35 inch inseam has my knees touching the front seat. I could ride a couple of uncomfortable miles but that’s about the limit. I have a P700-2 but sat in the P700-4 long enough to know the back seat doesn’t work for me. We were debating between the 2 and 4 seater at the dealership. If your your younger and under 6 feet tall the back seat might work. Hope this helps. We like our P700 so far.[/QUOTE]

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've got many of the same questions as the OP, plus a couple of others. Most of what I ride is atv width and a little wider, so 60" is really hitting my width limit. I have a little RZR 570 and love it for romping, but need a 4 seater for the parents and kids (and pretty soon, grandkids). I find myself really wanting a larger bed, and at times a dump bed, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to the 700-4 or a wolverine x4 (which I know lacks the dump bed). My biggest questions are the comfort of the seats both front and rear. Is the non-adjustable bench seat without tilt steering a pretty decent compromise for most adults? Are the rear seats comfortable for average size adults for more than 15 minutes? I've also heard the seat/cab gets hot. I have no issues with a little engine warmth, but is it uncomfortable on a hot summer day? Thanks for any input. This thread has already been very helpful.
The front seat has the room, in my opinion, for most sized adults. The back seats in the 700-4 can be cramped for larger adults. But you do get a four seat, mid sized machine with a relatively short wheel base. As far as heat in the summer, you feel the engine but I don’t sweat because of it. You’ll get some steam heat when going through puddles but even that’s not bad. I’m at 1300+ miles and I’ve yet to hear any complaints from the heat. That tilt bed is nice but with the stowaway back seats you’ll want to get a bed liner if you plan to haul dirt or stone as it will fall into the gaps of the seat. Overall a great machine that will do most everything you ask of it and for a good price. ;)

Reactions: KeithinLouisiana
H

hoosiermatt

Apr 2, 2017
southern IN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
The front seat has the room, in my opinion, for most sized adults. The back seats in the 700-4 can be cramped for larger adults. But you do get a four seat, mid sized machine with a relatively short wheel base. As far as heat in the summer, you feel the engine but I don’t sweat because of it. You’ll get some steam heat when going through puddles but even that’s not bad. I’m at 1300+ miles and I’ve yet to hear any complaints from the heat. That tilt bed is nice but with the stowaway back seats you’ll want to get a bed liner if you plan to haul dirt or stone as it will fall into the gaps of the seat. Overall a great machine that will do most everything you ask of it and for a good price. ;)
Thanks for the quick responses and straight answers. You guys wouldn't last long in politics! :) I'll try not to get off the thread, but does anybody make a fitted bedliner for the p7? Also, do any of you have opinions on the Magnum Evo-tech performance chip. I've never chipped anything, but the reviews are really good and it supposedly addresses one of the p7's only weaknesses. Thanks again.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the quick responses and straight answers. You guys wouldn't last long in politics! :) I'll try not to get off the thread, but does anybody make a fitted bedliner for the p7? Also, do any of you have opinions on the Magnum Evo-tech performance chip. I've never chipped anything, but the reviews are really good and it supposedly addresses one of the p7's only weaknesses. Thanks again.
No problem. I can’t answer your other questions but someone may be along to help you. Not much love from the aftermarket for the 700’s. You might be able to make your own bed liner out of some rubber or something.

Reactions: KeithinLouisiana
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
if you would rather have the speed id get the x4, they have the aftermarket support an suspension from the factory to be able to go fast safely, the honda gets bouncy at higher speeds and with the gears its not comfortable over like 30. the trails we have are tight woods and mud and it really likes that but i never really get to go over 20 maybe. but if your in a an open area that you want more speed id look at the x4 pretty close

i thought i would care about the dump bed doing about 10-12 fcord a year but i really have never used it, just back up to the pile open the back and push it out. when i was buying it i went to a dealer that sold both specifically to check out both i had a rhino for a number of years and it was crazy reliable, really beat the snot out of it with work, the pioneer was more like that upright bench and small for the woods, the wolverine has a ton more trail friendly stuff from the factory like the suspention thats ment for high speed and all the consoles and storage, so its kind of a toss up wolverine is a bit better at trail and pioneer work. also has plenty of low end for trailers and spinning moderate mud tires(almost never get stuck, and we goto mud parks and stuff and i hit everything) the can am i had broke a bunch of crap in the same holes that this has been though a bunch and not one dime spent on non maintenance stuff

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honda did offer a cargo liner for the 4 seater. Don't know if they still do.
The Magnum performance turbo whirlybird thingy is most likely snake oil. For the same money, you can probably buy something like a Dobeck tuner that actually works, but a tuner by itself will do little to help power.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honda did offer a cargo liner for the 4 seater. Don't know if they still do.
The Magnum performance turbo whirlybird thingy is most likely snake oil. For the same money, you can probably buy something like a Dobeck tuner that actually works, but a tuner by itself will do little to help power.

right ive used the dobeck on my can am but much different story, i trail ride all day and at the mud parks its really the worst environment for heat which is slow and good bit of the rad gets plugged by clay and crap. the can am would literally burn my feet after about an hour and i had to stop at lunch at the cleaning station and clean the rad, with the dobeck i could ride all day without the light and wear sandles trail riding. but it just give you the ability to add fuel, the stock tune on alot of bike is incredibly lean for emissions, lean is hot. the 700 though is not ive used it all day at the mud parks and the spring when the pollen is mostly blocking the rad and the light has never come on

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!