NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the Elka stage 1’s worth the appx500 over the Rough Country mc1’s?
I suspect the question you are asking is merely going to garner opinions. It is unlikely anyone has actually had both on the same machine to be able to give you a truly accurate answer. Hopefully you get lucky though. 👍🏻

Last edited:
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t have an answer because I’ve never owned Rough Country, but I’ve never been disappointed with an Elka shock. I’ve had them on a few quads and bike and they were the best improvement ever.

I’m very happy with the fox shocks on my pioneer for about $1500

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Are the Elka stage 1’s worth the appx500 over the Rough Country mc1’s?
First off, Welcome from Michigan.
Looks like youve been a member for 2yrs, 2 posts and no pics or info of your ride. Its rule#4 Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
This will help people want to help you with things as well. If u dont know how to post a pic just ask.

Everything that @NTCPrezJB said is very true about comparing those shocks. That said, Elka has been making performance shocks for sleds and SXS’s for years and its a good quality shock. On the other hand, some have been happy with the RC’s so pic your poison.
Dont forget to post them pics😉

T

Thumpinyz819

Apr 18, 2022
Mont Belvieu Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I suspect the question you are asking is merely going to garner opinions. It is unlikely anyone has actually had both on the same machine to be able to give you a truly accurate answer. Hopefully you get you lucky though. 👍🏻
Thank you. Kind of a loaded question huh…?
I really only use it for the deer lease hauling feed, equipment….. my buddy has the fox shocks on his trail edition pioneer and the ride is so much better than my stock. Not sure i want to spend 2k on the fox setup unless i have too if you know what i mean

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you. Kind of a loaded question huh…?
I really only use it for the deer lease hauling feed, equipment….. my buddy has the fox shocks on his trail edition pioneer and the ride is so much better than my stock. Not sure i want to spend 2k on the fox setup unless i have too if you know what i mean
I’m going to guess in that scenario you are likely to be happy with either one. They’ll be an improvement over the base stockers. They probably won’t be Elka Stage 3 or 5’s or Walker Evans or King or Fox but do you hundred’s of dollars more care? (Yes I recognize not all these brands are available for the machine in question.) It is your bank account, spend the money that you think will ultimately make you happy. I rode a stock P5 and sure it was rough but it didn’t stop me from having fun. Now I have a P1K5 LE with Fox on it. It is definitely a smoother ride with less teeth jarring, kidney slamming and spine busting but I still miss the P5 sooo 🤷🏻‍♂️.

T

Thumpinyz819

Apr 18, 2022
Mont Belvieu Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don’t have an answer because I’ve never owned Rough Country, but I’ve never been disappointed with an Elka shock. I’ve had them on a few quads and bike and they were the best improvement ever.

I’m very happy with the fox shocks on my pioneer for about $1500
Thanks. The fox’s on my buddies trail edition sure are nice.

T

Thumpinyz819

Apr 18, 2022
Mont Belvieu Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First off, Welcome from Michigan.
Looks like youve been a member for 2yrs, 2 posts and no pics or info of your ride. Its rule#4 Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
This will help people want to help you with things as well. If u dont know how to post a pic just ask.

Everything that @NTCPrezJB said is very true about comparing those shocks. That said, Elka has been making performance shocks for sleds and SXS’s for years and its a good quality shock. On the other hand, some have been happy with the RC’s so pic your poison.
Dont forget to post them pics😉
Thanks and yes sir. I need to take/post some pics. I have done a few mods I dont post a lot but i do creep a lot. Lolol

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks and yes sir. I need to take/post some pics. I have done a few mods I dont post a lot but i do creep a lot. Lolol
Nothin wrong with “creepin”
As long as its not Sleepy Joe Creepin😬
IMG 4668

advertisement
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good luck with your choice. I have and have had Rough Country accessories and have been happy with the quality, but I haven't tried their shocks.
The Fox shocks were the reason I paid a bit more to get a 21 P1K5 LE. Fox are pretty good. I don't have context to say better or worse than others.

T

Thumpinyz819

Apr 18, 2022
Mont Belvieu Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good luck with your choice. I have and have had Rough Country accessories and have been happy with the quality, but I haven't tried their shocks.
The Fox shocks were the reason I paid a bit more to get a 21 P1K5 LE. Fox are pretty good. I don't have context to say better or worse than others.
The fox’s are def a very good ride. Prob the direction i will end up going because of the “known” ride. Just hoping someone would say i didnt need too. 🤣

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe you can say it's for ms.june 😉🤔😈🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah…she lives here and is still on my payroll for at least the next 14 years sooo, that doesn’t help with either issue. It’s Mr Sixteen+4 I need to convince to buy it. 😈😈😈. But he has a need for speed so he will be a Talon boi when he can afford it. Currently he’s a KTM 350SXF (or something like that) owner.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah…she lives here and is still on my payroll for at least the next 14 years sooo, that doesn’t help with either issue. It’s Mr Sixteen+4 I need to convince to buy it. 😈😈😈. But he has a need for speed so he will be a Talon boi when he can afford it. Currently he’s a KTM 350SXF (or something like that) owner.

Maybe @906UP can swap in a talon motor 🤔 🤘😎

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!