• Start date
F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah shes a real peach huh? They dont call her Strechen Gretchen for nothin! 🤣 Nasty women! I think Women🤔🥳

C&C in Brighton. Yup, tried to make a deal with them a few times wasn't impressed. Havent heard great things about service either. That was some time ago tho. Hope it all works out for you.

Im in Stockbridge twp.
Yea only reason I went there was because I bought the unit from there. they were comparable price to others and they just happen to get that unit in the next day in camo so it saved me from a 5/6 month wait so figured if I don’t have a report with any other dealership I might as well go there and maybe depending the bill they would work with me on it. Plus it’s 10 min from the house and I also did work on the owners home in Pinckney.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah shes a real peach huh? They dont call her Strechen Gretchen for nothin! 🤣 Nasty women! I think Women🤔🥳

C&C in Brighton. Yup, tried to make a deal with them a few times wasn't impressed. Havent heard great things about service either. That was some time ago tho. Hope it all works out for you.

Im in Stockbridge twp.
We bought our 2019 P100-3 from C&C, no deals on the price but half price off for the heater, windshield, wiper and fuse block install, I thought they treated us very fair. As for the Governor... well, I will let your statements stand on their own; but Traverse City area really seem to appreciate her......

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We bought our 2019 P100-3 from C&C, no deals on the price but half price off for the heater, windshield, wiper and fuse block install, I thought they treated us very fair. As for the Governor... well, I will let your statements stand on their own; but Traverse City area really seem to appreciate her......
Yea I haven’t had an issue so far. As far as the governor. Go figure, never would have guessed traverse city would appreciate her along with Ann Arbor and Detroit and any other liberal big city out there…..

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will let your statements stand on their own; but Traverse City area really seem to appreciate her......
Not surprising and has always been the case with TC. We've always dubbed it the Little sister city of Mondo Liberal tree hugging city of Ann Arbor unfortunally where I grew up and still work and own co in. 90% of everyone in A2 go to TC for vaca. Say thats “going up North” 🤣 When im at customers homes in A2 and I say Im going up north this weekend! They always say “where to TC?” When I tell them to my cabin in the woods 1 mile in the middle of the pigeon river forest they look at me in shock!🤣
Leelanau where my cousin is a Deputy is just as bad if not worse.

I can be a little more discrete in my wording about our state run buy the putrid swamp. 🤔 Nahh

Last edited:
P

Patrico

May 18, 2022
Bremerton, Wa.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m not going to read through all of the reply’s But you didn’t state if you have replaced the fuel with fresh non-ethanol fuel? Yes it is definitely possible to have fuel coming out of the exhaust depending on how many times you tried starting it with low voltage and bad fuel. an injector will fire with less than 12 volts, and even though it is fuel injected the sensors tell it to richen up so more fuel going in. Bad fuel WILL still burn but how well? START WITH THE BASICS it starts and runs so ignition and injectors are working and has compression.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not going to read through all of the reply’s But you didn’t state if you have replaced the fuel with fresh non-ethanol fuel? Yes it is definitely possible to have fuel coming out of the exhaust depending on how many times you tried starting it with low voltage and bad fuel. an injector will fire with less than 12 volts, and even though it is fuel injected the sensors tell it to richen up so more fuel going in. Bad fuel WILL still burn but how well? START WITH THE BASICS it starts and runs so ignition and injectors are working and has compression.
Good thing you didn’t read all the replies, we never would have thought of any of that.

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they get your ride back to you?
Nope. Not yet. Probably closed on Friday and Monday. Seems like the entire state had off except for me. I’m gonna call tomorrow and see if they recheck the part yet. Honda is suppose to call me tomorrow as well because they were gone till tomorrow

advertisement
F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess it wasn't the injector?
Long story. When they called me after the look into it they said it was the injector. They said they put power to it and it was getting the first squirt of fuel and then staying open. I asked them is it staying open because the power isn’t going away or is it staying open because it’s stuck and it does in fact lose power when it cycles back and fourth on the injectors. The guy on the phone stumbled on his words and said no the tech said it’s losing power but staying open. I proceeded to tell the guy on the phone that if the injector is in fact not losing its power source then it’s not a stuck injector it’s what is controlling the injector. Fast forward to Friday and they called me and said they put the new injector in and surprise surprise it’s not the injector. They then said they switched the ecu or something along those lines module with a new one from the showroom floor and that supposedly cures the issue because it ran fine. I then said well they’re taking the injector back correct because I said in the first place it’s wasn’t that from our conversation over the phone with your first findings. He said that they should take it back but then back peddled and said well that is unless the injector got fried too. Leaving a way out of them paying for the injector that they and I didn’t need. When two minutes prior he said the new module had it running fine. Frustrated is an understatement

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long story. When they called me after the look into it they said it was the injector. They said they put power to it and it was getting the first squirt of fuel and then staying open. I asked them is it staying open because the power isn’t going away or is it staying open because it’s stuck and it does in fact lose power when it cycles back and fourth on the injectors. The guy on the phone stumbled on his words and said no the tech said it’s losing power but staying open. I proceeded to tell the guy on the phone that if the injector is in fact not losing its power source then it’s not a stuck injector it’s what is controlling the injector. Fast forward to Friday and they called me and said they put the new injector in and surprise surprise it’s not the injector. They then said they switched the ecu or something along those lines module with a new one from the showroom floor and that supposedly cures the issue because it ran fine. I then said well they’re taking the injector back correct because I said in the first place it’s wasn’t that from our conversation over the phone with your first findings. He said that they should take it back but then back peddled and said well that is unless the injector got fried too. Leaving a way out of them paying for the injector that they and I didn’t need. When two minutes prior he said the new module had it running fine. Frustrated is an understatement
Grab a few bottles of heet or other gas line antifreeze.
Disconnect fuel line to engine. Let about a gallon of fresh fuel cycle thru the lines.
Then fire it up and get to operating temp.

These are known for bad injector wiring, and in a few cases the PGM-FI goes south.
Well crap, Sorry to hear it wasn't just the wiring or something cheaper.
PGM-FI aka ECM/Computer/ECU

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any updates on the dealer incompetence?
Yes just picked it up last night. They tried pulling the charge me for an injector that wasn’t bad but then was but I called them out on how it worked fine when they switched out the pgm module from another machine and it ran fine with the old injector so that saved me the $75. With that said that fix was around $800 and then the fluids and filters brought it all up to $1100 for a hardly used machine. Not real sure how a pgm goes out in a hardly any use machine and guys bury these Hondas in Florida in bogs and nothing happens.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes just picked it up last night. They tried pulling the charge me for an injector that wasn’t bad but then was but I called them out on how it worked fine when they switched out the pgm module from another machine and it ran fine with the old injector so that saved me the $75. With that said that fix was around $800 and then the fluids and filters brought it all up to $1100 for a hardly used machine. Not real sure how a pgm goes out in a hardly any use machine and guys bury these Hondas in Florida in bogs and nothing happens.
I would have asked for "good will consideration" from Honda. There is no reason you should have had to replace the module.

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would have asked for "good will consideration" from Honda. There is no reason you should have had to replace the module.
I put a call into them when I started this thread. It was between the holdisays. They said someone will call me back on the 2 or 3rd of January. Didn’t hear anything so I called them on the 10th. She apologized and said no one was available to take the call from that department but someone will get ahold of me for sure she just couldn’t tell me when. Well now it’s the 21st and still no call. Kinda crazy.

• Sad
Reactions: Smittyp and CID
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
glad you got it back, although painful but back in action.....

my general opinion - they don't give a f@$!!!, its sold, getting service money, they just hope you go away

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
glad you got it back, although painful but back in action.....

my general opinion - they don't give a f@$!!!, its sold, getting service money, they just hope you go away
Me too. Yep. That’s most businesses especially big business these days. Unfortunate but that’s the world we are living in.

• Sad
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I put a call into them when I started this thread. It was between the holdisays. They said someone will call me back on the 2 or 3rd of January. Didn’t hear anything so I called them on the 10th. She apologized and said no one was available to take the call from that department but someone will get ahold of me for sure she just couldn’t tell me when. Well now it’s the 21st and still no call. Kinda crazy.
That is unacceptable. Get the name of the dealers service rep and his bosses name.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!