P1000 Rebuild

L

Leeshoe82

Oct 9, 2019
Collins ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many hours should a Honda dealer charge to rebuild a 1000 engine? I have a ticking noise in my engine and they are tearing it down now. But the shop has had my bike for over 3 months

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yikes. How about some context? Year and mileage to start. What did your dealer tell you they suspect to be the problem? Did they give you a quote of any sort?

Was there any direct cause to the ticking? Did you submarine it or anything?

A ticking noise could be as minor as a valve clearance adjustment...or even milder (as in, no problem) if you hear that ticking noise when the motor is under load, just before it downshifts.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well really depends what it is. Usually ticking is top end and that’s not near as bad as complete. Lower end complete can be around 10k on a Pioneer. Found that number out years back on my first 1000.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!