P1000m3 Speedometer/instrument panel plastic cover removal

M

Melvin35

Dec 20, 2022
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried searching and couldn’t get anything besides removing the whole dash. I’ve been googling trying to find out a way to do this.

The instrument/ speedo plastic lens on my 2016 1000-3 has gotten so sun beaten that’s it’s getting almost impossible to see anything behind it. Before I start prying on the plastic and crack it, is there a way to remove just the plastic cover to clean it?

I honestly was considering using the cerakote headlight restoration kit on it. I’ve tried cleaning it but it just looks terrible no matter what. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Hawk53
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried searching and couldn’t get anything besides removing the whole dash. I’ve been googling trying to find out a way to do this.

The instrument/ speedo plastic lens on my 2016 1000-3 has gotten so sun beaten that’s it’s getting almost impossible to see anything behind it. Before I start prying on the plastic and crack it, is there a way to remove just the plastic cover to clean it?

I honestly was considering using the cerakote headlight restoration kit on it. I’ve tried cleaning it but it just looks terrible no matter what. Any suggestions?
I had my instrument cluster replaced due o the backlighting stopped working. I believe it is a one piece unit and the plastic face is not removable ........ if i recall the new cluster unit was not that expensive.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Don't pry on it. There are screws holding the cluster onto the back side of the dash. Your going to have to remove the dash and lift it up enough to get behind it to take the screws out and then drop out the cluster

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk53
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I honestly was considering using the cerakote headlight restoration kit on it. I’ve tried cleaning it but it just looks terrible no matter what
I would be interested to know how well that worked out. Thinking it would work OK.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

If it were me, I’d tape the dash off, get the cheapest headlite restoration kit and give it a polish

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!