P1000m3 All work and no play makes Scott a dull boy

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I reckon I should start a thread to document this thing. All I’ve done before today was adding reverse lights from the club store. IMG 1833
And switched to illuminated switches for mode and headlights

IMG 1843
Today I did the dual battery upgrade again with help from the forum and parts from the club store

IMG 1916
Sorry this is the only pic I have so far. I didn’t do the stinger yet cause I’m waiting for the brown truck to bring me a fuse panel. I’ll post more pics and walk around once I get that installed. Also ignore the temporary home for the volt meter. I’ll move it once I figure it out

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You might be interested in the switch and voltmeter panel from crossroads3D. I ordered one for just switches and was impressed with the quality. Switch Panel for 2022 Pioneer 1000 - Crossroads 3D

BTW I also added the dual battery kit today.
Thank you… I knew someone on the forum made them I just couldn’t remember whom. I’m definitely gonna talk to that guy. But again I’m not sure what I’ll need/want so I might make a temporary home with a sheet of plastic or something for the warning label area

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I reckon I should start a thread to document this thing. All I’ve done before today was adding reverse lights from the club store. View attachment 427739
And switched to illuminated switches for mode and headlights

View attachment 427740
Today I did the dual battery upgrade again with help from the forum and parts from the club store

View attachment 427741
Sorry this is the only pic I have so far. I didn’t do the stinger yet cause I’m waiting for the brown truck to bring me a fuse panel. I’ll post more pics and walk around once I get that installed. Also ignore the temporary home for the volt meter. I’ll move it once I figure it out
Nice work👍🏻

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t know that. Over never had anyone mention it. I’m further north than you so my winters are a little harder. Still it’s not a problem to let it warm up
Yes the stinger brand will freeze up and not work in the cold. I found out the hard way on the middle of a lake. Get the Cole herse instead if cold is an issue for you.

advertisement
RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you… I knew someone on the forum made them I just couldn’t remember whom. I’m definitely gonna talk to that guy. But again I’m not sure what I’ll need/want so I might make a temporary home with a sheet of plastic or something for the warning label area

Just noticed your comment about waiting to order. Not trying to talk you into something you’re not ready for but,

The cool thing about his panels is they have knockouts. Mine is a 3 switch but only using 2 (see above). So that last position is there but hidden. The price on the small panel for our machine is reasonable so if we want to change later it won’t break the bank. He also sells the push clips which look just like OEM in my opinion.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@scttwlsn45 is Honda selling a lighted transmission mode switch? I've been meaning to light the one on my 2018, but figured I'd be making a custom aftermarket switch.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@scttwlsn45 is Honda selling a lighted transmission mode switch? I've been meaning to light the one on my 2018, but figured I'd be making a custom aftermarket switch.
Negative ghost rider. I bought the switch for the forest model (which is the only machine that has lighted switches for some stupid reason) and wired the both of them myself. It requires you to clip the plug off of your old switch clip the plug of the new switch and wire the new switch to your stock plug. If you match the wires up you’ll have two left over coming from the switch. That is power and ground for the light. I used a handy dandy keyed on power from the club store ran that to the positive and the ground to the battery negative and boom it was done. There is a lot of info on this thread including the part numbers for all of the lighted switches.
P1000 - 1000-6 Illuminated Headlight Switch ?
That being said this happened for me exactly the same day the club store dropped the retrofit kit. If it happed sooner I would have at least bought that one.

My plan was to also get the Honda lit winch switch as well so all three switches up there looked fack-tree. But if I’m remembering right I didn’t like where Honda put each pole for that switch. Like up is out and down is in…. It’s not very intuitive when you have a plow on. I’ll have to double check when I order the winch and switch for it though

Hopefully this helps, like I said re read that entire thread there is a lot of good info to glean from it

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Negative ghost rider. I bought the switch for the forest model (which is the only machine that has lighted switches for some stupid reason) and wired the both of them myself. It requires you to clip the plug off of your old switch clip the plug of the new switch and wire the new switch to your stock plug. If you match the wires up you’ll have two left over coming from the switch. That is power and ground for the light. I used a handy dandy keyed on power from the club store ran that to the positive and the ground to the battery negative and boom it was done. There is a lot of info on this thread including the part numbers for all of the lighted switches.
P1000 - 1000-6 Illuminated Headlight Switch ?
That being said this happened for me exactly the same day the club store dropped the retrofit kit. If it happed sooner I would have at least bought that one.

My plan was to also get the Honda lit winch switch as well so all three switches up there looked fack-tree. But if I’m remembering right I didn’t like where Honda put each pole for that switch. Like up is out and down is in…. It’s not very intuitive when you have a plow on. I’ll have to double check when I order the winch and switch for it though

Hopefully this helps, like I said re read that entire thread there is a lot of good info to glean from it

Our Trail also has lit switches. I don’t believe the transmission selector is lit (we rarely use) but can double check if someone wants. It sounds like Scott has already confirmed it doesn’t though. Edit (shrunk the wrong stuff, couldn’t figure out how to strike out). Just checked. Our 23 model transmission switch is lit.

I’ve seen some posts on here about people using a small courtesy style light above the switches. Not sure where that post was (maybe in the 1000-6 thread you linked?), but it was a cool idea and worth searching for if you’re interested.

The Honda winch switch is shown in my earlier photo. Up is Out, Down is In just as you thought.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If it freezes where you hang your hat, you want the marine rated Cole Hersee solenoid.

Cole Hersee 24117-01-BP 12V Continuous Duty Solenoid (4 Stud Hex Nut 20 Ul)

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!