BOX1

P1000 1000-6 Illuminated Headlight Switch ?

Silverbullet40

Silverbullet40

Jan 20, 2023
Leavenworth, In.
Ownership

1. 1000 Crew
Has anyone seen or know of an illuminated headlight switch that will replace the large toggle switch on the P1000-6 ? I don't understand why Honda would install a non-lit headlight dimmer switch. Kind of hard to find in the dark. I've seen some on amazon for the CanAm that I could use with the Club oversized switch blank, but i'm not sure about the wiring since the stock switch is not illuminated. Any electrical Gurus out there that can help ?

Reactions: NewHere2
Silverbullet40

Silverbullet40

Jan 20, 2023
Leavenworth, In.
Ownership

1. 1000 Crew
All of the switches in the Forest model are back-lit. The only problem is the wiring is not there in the harness to make it plug and play.

The connector is the same and the switch is the same size.
Any way you could show a schematic for wiring the Forest switch to work in the 1000-6. I can modify the switch harness if I know what I need.

Reactions: NewHere2 and Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rest of the pins will remain the same?
No.
Yours is a 4 pin connector.
The lighted ones are 6 pin connectors.

Going to have to cut off the connectors and manually connect then. Then supply power and ground for the led circuit.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

No.
Yours is a 2 pin connector.
The lighted ones are 4 or 6 pin connectors.

Going to have to cut off the connectors and manually connect then. Then supply power and ground for the led circuit.

I can't confirm or deny, but I believe the connectors on the harness side are the same lighted or not. The two light pins just aren't populated.

I'll look tomorrow

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't confirm or deny, but I believe the connectors on the harness side are the same lighted or not. The two light pins just aren't populated.

I'll look tomorrow
The illuminated headlight switch is a 6 pin
The non illuminated headlight switch is a 4 pin.

The 2 additional wires just need + & -

Silverbullet40

Silverbullet40

Jan 20, 2023
Leavenworth, In.
Ownership

1. 1000 Crew
The illuminated headlight switch is a 6 pin
The non illuminated headlight switch is a 4 pin.

The 2 additional wires just need + & -

Which year P1000 Forest Edition has the backlit switch ? I want to make sure I order the right one. I looked on line but they dont specify backlit anywhere I could find.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For whatever reason the switch part numbers are different, could be wiring length, connector or supplier.

The harness would be the entire wiring harness, there is no separate dash/swithc harness.
Sorry for the troubleshooting squirrel.. thanks

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!