P1000 1000-6 Illuminated Headlight Switch ?

wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any parts fiche for a Trail/Forest model. I'll get some numbers together this weekend for everyone who wants to do the swap.
Thank you so much for your assistance on this. Unfortunately, Honda doesn't use standard nomenclature on their part numbers for components. For instance, it would be great if they did xxxx-HL4-123B for blue plastic, ....123R for red, ....123G for green, etc.

Or an "L" somewhere for a backlit switch.

There doesn't seem to be any clues about a component in the part# and it is refreshing to know we have members with access to drawings, numbers, and cross tools to obtain the products. AND that some of those individuals are willing to dig to assist the group. Thank you again.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
H

HondaTech

Here are the lighted switches from a Forest/Trail model, these will fit in 2022 and up Pioneer 1000, and i believe 2023 and up P700.

NOTE: These are not plug and play, the connector is a 5 pin and the original, non lighted switches, are 3 pin. So you'll need to wire in the other 2 wires to a key on source or a headlight switch source. I've been thinking of making a harness to make this a plug and play situation with a sub harness. But i haven't had time to look up the connector.

Headlight 35230-HL4-AQ1
Mode Select (MT/AT) 35300-HL4-AQ1
Hill Assist 35330-HL4-AQ1
Winch 35380-HL4-AQ1
Front Courtesy Lights 35270-HL4-AQ1
Rear Courtesy Lights 35280-HL4-B11 <<<EDIT by JACKAL 3/11/2024 Corrected Part #

Last edited by a moderator:
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are the lighted switches from a Forest/Trail model, these will fit in 2022 and up Pioneer 1000, and i believe 2023 and up P700.

NOTE: These are not plug and play, the connector is a 5 pin and the original, non lighted switches, are 3 pin. So you'll need to wire in the other 2 wires to a key on source or a headlight switch source. I've been thinking of making a harness to make this a plug and play situation with a sub harness. But i haven't had time to look up the connector.

Headlight 35230-HL4-AQ1
Winch 35380-HL4-AQ1
Rear Courtesy Lights 35280-HL4-AQ1
@HondaTech... you my friend, are a gentleman and a scholar. Bravo, thank you!!!

Reactions: Lady01
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Headlight 35230-HL4-AQ1
Winch 35380-HL4-AQ1
Rear Courtesy Lights 35280-HL4-AQ1
Hi @HondaTech, I picked up all but (1) of these switches at my local dealer and they were all in stock. However, the (1) that I couldn't get was the... "Rear Courtesy Lights 35280-HL4-AQ1" ...it seemed to be an incorrect number. We looked around the system and found something similar, but the last (3) digits were different. Believe it ended with a "Bxx".

Furthermore, I see what you meant by it not being plug-n-play. All (4) of these had a different connector. Most were male, but they were different sizes. The senior tech wasn't working today and they suggested I talk to him. But they were worried it would just make more sense to use a solid plug connector similar to the picture/screenshot included.

Example1 Example2 Example3

H

HondaTech

Hi @HondaTech, I picked up all but (1) of these switches at my local dealer and they were all in stock. However, the (1) that I couldn't get was the... "Rear Courtesy Lights 35280-HL4-AQ1" ...it seemed to be an incorrect number. We looked around the system and found something similar, but the last (3) digits were different. Believe it ended with a "Bxx".

Furthermore, I see what you meant by it not being plug-n-play. All (4) of these had a different connector. Most were male, but they were different sizes. The senior tech wasn't working today and they suggested I talk to him. But they were worried it would just make more sense to use a solid plug connector similar to the picture/screenshot included.

View attachment 382783 View attachment 382784 View attachment 382785

That's my mix up, the correct number is 35280-HL4-B11

The problem with wiring them up like that, is the wires are so small, it might be difficult getting flat connectors that will crimp onto them.

wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The problem with wiring them up like that, is the wires are so small, it might be difficult getting flat connectors that will crimp onto them.
Excellent. That fills my 2022 HP 1000-5 EPS dash with the larger BACKLIT switches. The only smaller switch is for the OEM windshield wiper because the remaining (3) smaller sockets are taken up by the newer Honda heater.

bigred1000-6

bigred1000-6

Apr 18, 2023
Buckeye,AZ
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I tried looking into the same , replacing that non lighted switch, the wiring is easy, the problem is getting your hands to fit around the switch area to remove it, there is a metal bracket right in front and very hard to compress on the upper and lower tab of the switch to release it. Its almost like you need a second person helping. Might be better to install a dome light and light up the front cabin.

Pirata

Pirata

Jul 20, 2023
2nd Star to the Right
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

They are both the same price on partzilla. I was not in for the lighted switch but might grab one if it's the same price. Thank you.

It's not a plug and play situation, you have to provide power and ground for the light. The connector is also different.

Pirata

Pirata

Jul 20, 2023
2nd Star to the Right
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
The stock replacement switch arrived and instead of trying the c clamp/screwdriver method to remove all the switches I just opted to the screwdriver alone which caused the old switch to separate at the seam in the switch. I opted for this since the switch itself was already broken. The top half came out the top and the bottom part came out from under the hood. Start to finish about 5 minutes. Honestly the only complicated part was trying to figure out where the cable securement was located. Thanks for the info.

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone done the mode select switch? I ordered the headlight switch and mode select switch gonna do it as soon as I get some wire and connectors I also ordered. while I’m making a key on harness for those two I’m gonna leave room for the winch switch and stinger eventually. The three dummy switches I think I’ll replace with the adapter from the club store to use regular switches

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The work around to this problem is to use a short piece of copper wire as a filler to take up some space in the crimp socket, this works better "IMO" than making multiple folds in the small wire to take up the space for a good solid crimp ...... Iv'e used solid and stranded for this purpose with good results ......

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have the headlight one figured out.

Yellow is low.
Blue is high.
Black is power.
White blue - ground.
White black - hot.

Thinking about making it a item in the store.
This one would be plug-n-play. 6 pin switch to for a 4 pin machine.
Just needs a ground.

Some of the other switches use the super small pins. And I hate those. Lol.

E771dc6e713c8e0a9f9bd41e9482b98d

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the headlight one figured out.

Yellow is low.
Blue is high.
Black is power.
White blue - ground.
White black - hot.

Thinking about making it a item in the store.
This one would be plug-n-play. 6 pin switch to for a 4 pin machine.
Just needs a ground.

Some of the other switches use the super small pins. And I hate those. Lol.

View attachment 418987

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I'd be interested in a plug and play solution.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'd be interested in a plug and play solution.
I'll message you.

Anyways,
It plugs right into the one you have now. There will be 1 green wire you need to connect to any ground, and the switch will work.
But the hard part will be getting the current one out, which I don't have any clue or advice to give in reference to that.

To make it worthwhile, I'm going to have to price it at $50.
Otherwise, I won't mess with it.

I'm actually wondering if dropping the Honda switch and wiring up a common rocker would be a better route to take on pricing.
I also have availability from Honda to worry about.

P

Paul419

Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

3. Talon R LV
I'll message you.

Anyways,
It plugs right into the one you have now. There will be 1 green wire you need to connect to any ground, and the switch will work.
But the hard part will be getting the current one out, which I don't have any clue or advice to give in reference to that.

To make it worthwhile, I'm going to have to price it at $50.
Otherwise, I won't mess with it.

I'm actually wondering if dropping the Honda switch and wiring up a common rocker would be a better route to take on pricing.
I also have availability from Honda to worry about.
I will buy one as soon as you tell me they are ready. Willing to pay the extra to have a factory switch myself.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!