P1000 1000-6 Illuminated Headlight Switch ?

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the headlight one figured out.

Yellow is low.
Blue is high.
Black is power.
White blue - ground.
White black - hot.

Thinking about making it a item in the store.
This one would be plug-n-play. 6 pin switch to for a 4 pin machine.
Just needs a ground.

Some of the other switches use the super small pins. And I hate those. Lol.

View attachment 418987

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Dang, I already bought the switch or I would definitely be interested. What about this for reducing your costs? Can you make just a harness? You know a 6 pin plug on one side for a new switch and a 4 pin on the other end for the machine plus a keyed on adapter and a ring terminal for a ground? I think that’s what I’m gonna do except I’m going to splice it into the switch and jump the red and ground for illumination to connectors for two more switches (mode and winch eventually) and leave some room on the end to run for a stinger/isolator eventually

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Dang, I already bought the switch or I would definitely be interested. What about this for reducing your costs? Can you make just a harness? You know a 6 pin plug on one side for a new switch and a 4 pin on the other end for the machine plus a keyed on adapter and a ring terminal for a ground? I think that’s what I’m gonna do except I’m going to splice it into the switch and jump the red and ground for illumination to connectors for two more switches (mode and winch eventually) and leave some room on the end to run for a stinger/isolator eventually
But double the workload.
4 crimps vs 8 crimp.

I can do yours if you like.

Reactions: Lady01
scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But double the workload.
4 crimps vs 8 crimp.

I can do yours if you like.

Thanks but I saw this too late. I was off work today so I did mine this afternoon. It’s a night and day difference. I like the Honda switches so I’ll get the winch switch and go through this all again. If anyone is thinking of doing it or getting the kit from the club store when it’s available go for it. The hardest part is getting the stock switch out. But I got my left hand twisted down to the bottom of the switch to work the tab and used a 2 foot screwdriver to keep pressure against the back of the switch and worked it out. It took some time, persistence and some colorful language but it’s done

IMG 1843

Reactions: Jankyeye
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed mine today, took all of about 10min but I admit I had a cheat for switch removal access.

IMG 7527 IMG 7528

Reactions: scttwlsn45
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. Cheeter access is how to do it. Otherwise i feel like its going to be a PITA.

I have 3 more available. Then I'm waiting on switches.

P

Paul419

Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

3. Talon R LV
Got mine installed this afternoon. It's not bad after you figure out how to put a little pressure on the original switch while you push the retaining clips down.

Hondasxs.com makes some great products, have not been disappointed with anything from them yet.

H

H82CIT

Mar 5, 2024
North MS
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Received my switch last week and knocked it out Saturday morning. Works great and really makes you scratch your head as to why they aren't all backlit from the factory. Everyone emphasized how big of a PIA removing the original switch is and they were absolutely correct, lol

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Received my switch last week and knocked it out Saturday morning. Works great and really makes you scratch your head as to why they aren't all backlit from the factory. Everyone emphasized how big of a PIA removing the original switch is and they were absolutely correct, lol
Welcome from Michigan!
Sounds like the mod worked for you
What rig do you have and yr?
See its your first post, just joined 16min ago.
Do us a favor and start an intro thread with your info and pics of your rig. Kinda a requirement for newbies. POIDH

Reactions: Hondasxs and H82CIT
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Any tips or tricks to share?

I have 5 more units coming in today.

H

H82CIT

Mar 5, 2024
North MS
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Welcome from Michigan!
Sounds like the mod worked for you
What rig do you have and yr?
See its your first post, just joined 16min ago.
Do us a favor and start an intro thread with your info and pics of your rig. Kinda a requirement for newbies. POIDH
Just posted my into thread so that I stay in everyone's good graces, lol.

I picked up a '23 1000-6 in January.

419460 59a71bef6f2c3c8ba7b626413d31cc5f

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
H

H82CIT

Mar 5, 2024
North MS
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew

I went through a few cups of coffee and some very colorful language during the process, lol.

I didn't have an extension that was long enough to put pressure on the back of the switch, so I improvised and used a small plastic rod I had laying around in the tool box. It was about 24" long and similar to what you'd find on a clothes hanger. I wedged it between the back of the switch and the battery to keep pressure on the switch while I went into the cab. Once in the cab, I used a small flat head screwdriver to pry the tabs of the switch down. There was enough pressure being put on the switch that once I got the tabs pressed down, it popped out. Hope that makes sense.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well boys... I have F'ed up.
If you bought one of these from me recently please start a PM with me to have it inspected.
I may have put a wire in the empty location causing low beams not to work.

Easy fix. But tedious.
I am sorry.
More info soon once I verify a few things.

Last edited:
nick_jewettP1K3

nick_jewettP1K3

Mar 11, 2024
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I was successful in removing the factory switch from inside the cab.

Tools needed,
1.) Wide thin flat blade screwdriver
2.) Smaller thin blade screwdriver

Tips for removal,
1.) With the wide screwdriver, insert at the top middle of the switch housing and it push back and up. The top of the switch will release towards you. 2.) Maintain that position with the screwdriver and pressure and insert the other screwdriver at the middle of the bottom of the housing. Push in and rotate the bottom screwdriver while pulling both screwdrivers towards you.

Had out in less than 10 seconds with zero damage.

Hope this helps others.

Reactions: H82CIT
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well boys... I have F'ed up.
If you bought one of these from me recently please start a PM with me to have it inspected.
I may have put a wire in the empty location causing low beams not to work.

Easy fix. But tedious.
I am sorry.
More info soon once I verify a few things.
I take full responsibility for that!
💩 happens Bossman no doubt you’ll get it fixed up for peeps.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine appears to work, there is a change in light pattern between high and low beam. Unless they are reversed? Hard to tell in the garage.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Mine appears to work, there is a change in light pattern between high and low beam. Unless they are reversed? Hard to tell in the garage.
Check when you can and let me know.
I'll be posting info on inspecting for correct wiring tomorrow evening.
if I f'ed up. I'll accept it however it comes. lol...
and work to make it right.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check when you can and let me know.
I'll be posting info on inspecting for correct wiring tomorrow evening.
if I f'ed up. I'll accept it however it comes. lol...
and work to make it right.
I have LED replacement bulbs so the low/high beam aren't much different. I pulled it out this morning and i think its working correctly. I can try and hook the old switch up and make sure its the same.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have LED replacement bulbs so the low/high beam aren't much different. I pulled it out this morning and i think its working correctly. I can try and hook the old switch up and make sure its the same.
The switch does not power the lights. It's job is to power the relays. So affecting power draw shouldn't be a issue.

This should be the proper pin layout.
D13accfd9e8b7dc1a5764b0bfd4cd4f9

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!