NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
no reason other than 11k miles-maybe its just cause?
I can appreciate that. You’ve got plenty of experience on one. The used market is likely there for your current machine. Of course your going to likely pay MSRP on the new one right now too. Rock it out sir whichever way you go. Look forward to seeing pics.

Remember red is the fastest color.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I really like the size of the 500! Going to trade my P5 in in the spring. My only complaint is the rear diff noise-even after 11000 miles it is still noisy. Can someone justify the cost difference between a 21 P5 and the new 520? Was disappointed that it is a 500 with a pickup bed> I cant believe the 520 will have a significant power difference to warrant the cost factor. I welcome your comments but I think I will buy a new 500......hard to beat this little beast..
I think I'd go with the 520 just because in 2 years no one will want a 500, it'll be old school by then, killing its resale value. IMHO

Reactions: J80
M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
my wife and I cant express the confidence we have in the p5. as for repair one axle boot and a new boot on the rear prop shaft joint. it has always been serviced at 500 miles with OEM product. we were hoping the 520 would offer a DELUX model but....it appears to be the same with a box-I cant believe the 520 will be an obvious power upgrade. we will see what spring brings

Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
mop top from covington Ga, Put a down payment on a P520 hope it will be here soon. I did set in one that hadn't been picked up and the seats are very firm, and all 4 shocks are adjustable with a shock adjusting wrench that should come with. Next will be a top, mirror and Windshield.
Have ordered H/D 1.6 inch straps to tie it down to my utility trailer.
Getting prepared.
I got tired of the dealer telling me they have no idea when they will get a 520 so I am getting a P700 base model that just come in. The 520 is a hot item.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
......I think I'm going to put my name on one of the ones my dealer says will be arriving in January. ........Anyway looking at the 4 available colors I have eliminated camo simply because it comes at a premium, and blue just because for some reason I don't care for it on a UTV......

An update, I stopped at the dealer yesterday (Xmas eve) to check on the 520 and also change my color preference from green to blue. For some reason the brighter colors (red and blue) appeal to me on this little UTV. According to his "allocation sheet" it should arrive January 29.

advertisement
Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A Guys & Girls I hope your 520's come in soon, but I got tired of waiting so I bought a Standard Pioneer 700 And very happy with it except it does not have a turf mode it will tear up your yard. your wait for the 520 will be worth it.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine isn't due til the end of January and unfortunately, like your 700, doesn't have a differential either. And not as much power..... but it'll have 2 more gears! :)

Reactions: J80
HWatt-2018

HWatt-2018

Mar 26, 2019
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Pennsylvania purchased our P5 and we've had such a great time with it. The little things done everything we've ask it too.

Reactions: Jerryg and Mudder
Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Glad you like the 500 but for my application my 700 is every thing I need. I just got tired of waiting for the 500 and 520 you guys enjoy your500 and 520,s They are the most wanted. Have fun.
mop top

Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine isn't due til the end of January and unfortunately, like your 700, doesn't have a differential either. And not as much power..... but it'll have 2 more gears! :)
I will differ on the power, and the auto trans is a 3 speed with a torque converter like the chevy turbo Hydramatic which is bullet proof.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I will differ on the power, and the auto trans is a 3 speed with a torque converter like the chevy turbo Hydramatic which is bullet proof.

I still maintain the 500/520 doesn't have as much power as your 700, but if you choose to differ so be it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!