C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1BA99732 0206 400C 9A19 3926AD74BB25
1BA99732 0206 400C 9A19 3926AD74BB25

I’ve had to replace 6 factory rocker switch plates after only a couple trips each. As soon as they get dusty they quit working. Nice Chinese crap. These little toggles with rubber boots seem to be holding up better. I wrap the back with e tape as well. just thought I’d warn folks that the switch plates on Amazon aren’t worth the time.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
View attachment 348050View attachment 348050
I’ve had to replace 6 factory rocker switch plates after only a couple trips each. As soon as they get dusty they quit working. Nice Chinese crap. These little toggles with rubber boots seem to be holding up better. I wrap the back with e tape as well. just thought I’d warn folks that the switch plates on Amazon aren’t worth the time.
🤔.....welcome from south Florida
What kind of switches are you talking about? Pic?

Also, 🤨what's with the rope on the lever?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I had the Amazon junk on mine when I bought it. Previous owner installed them. A few of them actually fell apart. I replaced them with OTRATTW switches that are much better. Here's the new ones.
I was also wondering about the rope. Some sort of instruction manual I see there?
20211010 210109

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

I've not had a single failure of a "factory" rocker switch on my Talon and I've been in plenty of dusty conditions. And the rocker switches I've bought from HondaSxS have worked consistently as well. In one sentence you reference "factory" rocker switch, and in another you admonish the use of "switch plates on Amazon". So, which is it? (or both?)

Steve

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've not had a single failure of a "factory" rocker switch on my Talon and I've been in plenty of dusty conditions. And the rocker switches I've bought from HondaSxS have worked consistently as well. In one sentence you reference "factory" rocker switch, and in another you admonish the use of "switch plates on Amazon". So, which is it? (or both?)

Steve
I believe he is referring to the cheap chinese knock-offs that litter Amazon.

If you bought a switch from the club store. It is a legit Carling made in Mexico switch. These are the standard that china copies. I had numerous problems with the china junk and finally threw them all out in favor of a Auxbeam switch panel/relay.

advertisement
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I believe he is referring to the cheap chinese knock-offs that litter Amazon.

If you bought a switch from the club store. It is a legit Carling made in Mexico switch. These are the standard that china copies. I had numerous problems with the china junk and finally threw them all out in favor of a Auxbeam switch panel/relay.

I tend to agree. But if he's indeed talking about cheap Chinese knock offs, perhaps he shouldn't have titled the thread, "Factory rocker switches suck!". [emphasis added]

Steve

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I tend to agree. But if he's indeed talking about cheap Chinese knock offs, perhaps he shouldn't have titled the thread, "Factory rocker switches suck!". [emphasis added]

Steve
Agreed, was a little confused when I first read it. But technically the "Factory" he bought the rocker switches from, probly does indeed suck 😂😂

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome and wild first ever post in 9 months 😂

You said factory. What year is your rig?
Not to mention, do u have Brandon issues? Talking about the rope and labels so u don't Fuc up! 🤣

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!