Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Uhhhh. You guys don't want to look at the prices at gpscity.com ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they have them cheaper or more expensive then Amazon?

Either way, I don't care. I get to use my citi card reward points at Amazon so I paid nothing for this camera!

Reactions: sharp and elkaholic
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The racing bundle was $260 ish with free shipping, just not as fast as Prime. Their prices on RAM mounts are damned good too!

I have a couple of roll cage mounts coming

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The racing bundle was $260 ish with free shipping, just not as fast as Prime. Their prices on RAM mounts are damned good too!

I have a couple of roll cage mounts coming

$30 cheaper, if I hadn't gotten it on Prime I wouldn't have gotten out of the ticket I got out of the day I got it in.

Don't feel bad.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they have them cheaper or more expensive then Amazon?

Either way, I don't care. I get to use my citi card reward points at Amazon so I paid nothing for this camera!

I do the same thing with Amex rewards. I used to have $10,000 worth... not anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Here's my test video. Shot it on a trash run today. I apologize for the cheesy music. I tried and thought I had killed it.

Upload speeds on DSL suuuuuuuuccccckkkkk! I think this took over an hour to upload

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone care to share their mounting locations? I have an xe and an elite I plan to mount using Ram mount ram tracks. I was thinking about tucking the XE up near the top of the windshield on the outside, but covered by the roof. I haven't tried too hard on mounting the Elite on the rear yet, but I think I might use a muffler clamp on the ROPS to a ram ball.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's my test video. Shot it on a trash run today. I apologize for the cheesy music. I tried and thought I had killed it.

Upload speeds on DSL suuuuuuuuccccckkkkk! I think this took over an hour to upload

It's a start... only way you learn is by messing with it and trying new things. Way to go

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone care to share their mounting locations? I have an xe and an elite I plan to mount using Ram mount ram tracks. I was thinking about tucking the XE up near the top of the windshield on the outside, but covered by the roof. I haven't tried too hard on mounting the Elite on the rear yet, but I think I might use a muffler clamp on the ROPS to a ram ball.

I've tried a mount and like for different views:
Above the grill but below the hood.(fav for front view)
ROPS in center under roof.
On brace for Passenger headrest.
On rear ROPS just below roof.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
advertisement
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have the XE on a RAM roll bar mount on the cage near the rear view mirror in my rig.

I am going to mount the elite for a rear facing camera on a similar mount on the hoop over the driver's head - either that or on the headrest brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I joined the club and played with mine yesterday - when editing video is there a way to build you own template instead of having to re build each time? I am liking so far

Edited to add: I figured it out

Last edited:
Reactions: nbomar
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For power - are people using the battery pack mostly or wiring to the Honda? I noticed that there is aaccessary power wire that runs to a battery for sale not use the advantage of that over the wire that comes plunged into a USB - do notice that you need to change a setting in the camera to run off the cord or it goes into battery charge mode.

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For power - are people using the battery pack mostly or wiring to the Honda? I noticed that there is aaccessary power wire that runs to a battery for sale not use the advantage of that over the wire that comes plunged into a USB - do notice that you need to change a setting in the camera to run off the cord or it goes into battery charge mode.
Two of mine are powered off the Honda and the incab one is battery.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was in a rush messing with mine yesterday. I found that when I plugged it in to charge, it would go into sleep mode. Instead of getting the manual and reading. I figured out that once you start recording, you can plug in the USB and it will charge, but not go into sleep mode.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was in a rush messing with mine yesterday. I found that when I plugged it in to charge, it would go into sleep mode. Instead of getting the manual and reading. I figured out that once you start recording, you can plug in the USB and it will charge, but not go into sleep mode.
You can also change the settings in the camera so it won't do that.;)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!