P500 Rear brake pads and rotor

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Hello. On my last ride I noticed I could hear a faint sound of brake pads rubbing. When I hit the brakes while moving the sound improved. The brakes didn't seem to be binding or catching just a occasional rub sound, and didn't seem to slow the machiene down at all. When I got it home I shut it off put it in neutral and pushed it forward for a ways, the faint sound was still there. Only 550 miles on the pioneer 500. Can anyone give any advise?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
this could be your issue. Id check the pads and your e brake setting on the machine if its a little snug you could of over wore the pads and be on metal. Not sure if the 500 does like the 700 but did you hear any clattering when pressing the pedal to slow down after the initial problem started?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BigIdeasLittleTime

BigIdeasLittleTime

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Blast in a little brake cleaner and blow dry if you can - otherwise you can let it drip dry for a few minutes

If that doesn't help - jack up each side and spin each tire to isolate and gather a little more detail

Reactions: Fischer
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
this could be your issue. Id check the pads and your e brake setting on the machine if its a little snug you could of over wore the pads and be on metal. Not sure if the 500 does like the 700 but did you hear any clattering when pressing the pedal to slow down after the initial problem started?

No noise when break applied it actually mellows the noise out. It's not an obnoxious sound just a faint rubbing.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Probably just rock or something in there

Reactions: Mudder
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
I had a similar situation happen to me, and after inspection it was a rock that was the issue.

Reactions: Mudder
Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Mine has a squeak on the rear brake too, I spayed it with brake cleaner and it stops for a while then comes back. I rarely use the brakes but the noise is annoying.

Reactions: Fischer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!