Super atv arm install

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have 814’s and just added super atv arched arms and when I went to install the shocks they are hitting at bottom. I turned them over and now hit at top. Am I missing something or has someone else ran into this issue. Been reading for an hour thru the search tab. Found all other kinds of info but nothing on this so am wondering if I’ve done something wrong. Thanks in advance.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have 814’s and just added super atv arched arms and when I went to install the shocks they are hitting at bottom. I turned them over and now hit at top. Am I missing something or has someone else ran into this issue. Been reading for an hour thru the search tab. Found all other kinds of info but nothing on this so am wondering if I’ve done something wrong. Thanks in advance.
Post some pictures of the problem area

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hash95fc27c15d448f81ae8a5ddd54fbf64f

IMG 2051 IMG 2050

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I took about 3/16 to a 1/4 off to get them to clear.
They look fine to me in the pics. What am I missing?
Whats hitting?
Are u using a bracket lift combined with the arms by chance? Hard to tell in your pics

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No bracket lift. Stock mounts hit the shock. I didn’t see where it would hurt to remove some material on the mounts so I took some off. The shocks sit at a slight angle forward now so I think that was just enough to make them hit. All is good now. We took it out yesterday afternoon rode over to the winery had lunch and came back. Only thing I noticed was the turning radius but I read different threads stating that would change. Didn’t realize how loose the front end was til all the new parts went on. lol.

Reactions: toddvdh and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!