FL group ride

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I spoke with my scheduler again last night... We'd be good for that weekend.

Everyone stayed at the KOA cabins in Perry, Fl. last time and said they are decently clean. So, plan on riding that Friday (if time allows), Saturday, and Sunday. I'll take off that Friday so I can be ready when ya'll arrive.

Hopefully your rainbow crocs came in by now? @JenElio We gonna get them bad boys dirty! NOHOMO LOL

Alright fellas...

@osobad
@FloridaTrails863
@Average_Joe
@knuckledeep
@813FlaNative
@HiFive
@FL_CrackerLife
@russknight
@Bastardchild
@Adam490

We are doing a group ride again... Ya'll in?

This is an open invitation for anyone else who wants to join as well.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I spoke with my scheduler again last night... We'd be good for that weekend.

Everyone stayed at the KOA cabins in Perry, Fl. last time and said they are decently clean. So, plan on riding that Friday (if time allows), Saturday, and Sunday. I'll take off that Friday so I can be ready when ya'll arrive.

Hopefully your rainbow crocs came in by now? @JenElio We gonna get them bad boys dirty! NOHOMO LOL

Alright fellas...

@osobad
@FloridaTrails863
@Average_Joe
@knuckledeep
@813FlaNative
@HiFive
@FL_CrackerLife
@russknight
@Bastardchild
@Adam490

We are doing a group ride again... Ya'll in?

This is an open invitation for anyone else who wants to join as well.
Phuck yeah!! 🤘

So the KOA is the place to stay, not the Holliday Inn like we did last time? I'll talk to the wife and see if she wants a cabin or we might bring the little camper 👍

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Probably not, but maybe, but probably not.
Go for it you can do it

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Phuck yeah!! 🤘

So the KOA is the place to stay, not the Holliday Inn like we did last time? I'll talk to the wife and see if she wants a cabin or we might bring the little camper 👍
Camper!!! Get it on a trailer with the P1K5 already why don’t ya!

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Yeah, bud they said it was much cheaper and the cabins are nice. Also, plenty of trailer parking. @JenElio

@FL_CrackerLife Said his favorite part was the pool and hot tub. Probably just now getting over the rash.

By the time you brought the camper all that way a cabin would probably be cheaper. FJB!!!

Come on @Red500 it'll be a great time with good people. Wear thick skin! Lots to see and plenty of riding.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Anyone interested in those dates? June 21st-23rd...... I'm going riding somewhere one way or another 😂 be cool to see some more of that area up there @Brett002. If not we might swing by Ocala NF, we've only been there once. @Average_Joe @Jankyeye @osobad anyone else......thoughts? Need to set something so we can make some reservations.
I should be good that weekend.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah, bud they said it was much cheaper and the cabins are nice. Also, plenty of trailer parking. @JenElio

@FL_CrackerLife Said his favorite part was the pool and hot tub. Probably just now getting over the rash.

By the time you brought the camper all that way a cabin would probably be cheaper. FJB!!!

Come on @Red500 it'll be a great time with good people. Wear thick skin! Lots to see and plenty of riding.
All set, booked one of the small cabins. Yeah, exactly what the wife said 😂 by the time we trailer the extra weight and set everything up we still won't have a bathroom so just get the small cheap cabin.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We'll be coming in late Thursday so we'll be able to get in a few hrs of sleep before we ride Friday 👍

🤔.....now I have to hurry and get tires, replace a bent tie-rod, fix my a-arms, straighten out my aluminum skids, might be due for an oil change..........🤦‍♂️

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JenElio What tires are you running now? I may have a set on lock.
Well.....I was running 29s but I put 2 nice size slashes on the side wall on the front passenger. So I'm rocking the stock 12" steelies with 27s up front and 29s on the rear......got that hotrod look now 😂😂😂

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm trying to work out a deal on a set of take- offs 30" wheels and tires off a new can-am. Waiting on a response from the guy any day 🤷‍♂️🤞

Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Coeus
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Well I have a full set of the stock 27's on the steelies if you need them @JenElio . Hopefully the can am set works out.

Just mentioning on a pioneer 1000 I always went as light as possible trying not to rob power. In my experience the best out there in a 30" was a maxxis zilla I tried the mud lites but the zilla rode better due to the staggered lug design. Lightest tires on the market for the size in a 14" rim. When I went up to a 32" I ran a 4 ply ag tire on a 16" rim. My reasoning behind the 4 ply 32" x 16" combo was that it would weigh as much as 6 ply 30" x 14" tire wheel combo. I was "right" and never had any issue with punctures on the 4 ply. Put lots of miles on those tires through lots of different terrain. Never really rocks but they performed well. The ag tires rode better than the zillas. Couldn't even tell they were that aggressive. I've rode in buggies with all terrain trail tires that ride worse than a ag. Currently running a 35 ag on my talon on my same 16" rims from my pioneer. My 35's are 6 ply and they are still a very light combo for a 35 and they don't rob as much power. I do still have have my 32" ags that have half tread if you find some 16" rims. Maybe ya'll could help me clear out the shed. LOL

Last edited:
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Anyone interested in those dates? June 21st-23rd...... I'm going riding somewhere one way or another 😂 be cool to see some more of that area up there @Brett002. If not we might swing by Ocala NF, we've only been there once. @Average_Joe @Jankyeye @osobad anyone else......thoughts? Need to set something so we can make some reservations.
Have to check. I have TO. Anniversary and wife’s birthday all on weekends in June

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well I have a full set of the stock 27's on the steelies if you need them @JenElio . Hopefully the can am set works out.

Just mentioning on a pioneer 1000 I always went as light as possible trying not to rob power. In my experience the best out there in a 30" was a maxxis zilla I tried the mud lites but the zilla rode better due to the staggered lug design. Lightest tires on the market for the size in a 14" rim. When I went up to a 32" I ran a 4 ply ag tire on a 16" rim. My reasoning behind the 4 ply 32" x 16" combo was that it would weigh as much as 6 ply 30" x 14" tire wheel combo. I was "right" and never had any issue with punctures on the 4 ply. Put lots of miles on those tires through lots of different terrain. Never really rocks but they performed well. The ag tires rode better than the zillas. Couldn't even tell they were that aggressive. I've rode in buggies with all terrain trail tires that ride worse than a ag. Currently running a 35 ag on my talon on my same 16" rims from my pioneer. My 35's are 6 ply and they are still a very light combo for a 35 and they don't rob as much power. I do still have have my 32" ags that have half tread if you find some 16" rims. Maybe ya'll could help me clear out the shed. LOL
I wouldn't want to do a 4ply honestly, last time we rode with you I got that flat on the last day remember? That was on the stock 27s 4ply. The 29s BH knock offs I've been running for a while are 6ply, never really had any issues but I ran them a little too low on psi and got a pretty good pinch flat up in WV earlier this year. Aside from them being loud as phuck on pavement I really like the tires, but the tears are too worn out to spend money on just 1 new front tire (not worth it to me)

30s is the biggest I would go, I don't drag race or anything but I'd definitely notice the power difference on anything bigger especially climbing in the mountains or in deep mud.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
We'll be coming in late Thursday so we'll be able to get in a few hrs of sleep before we ride Friday 👍

🤔.....now I have to hurry and get tires, replace a bent tie-rod, fix my a-arms, straighten out my aluminum skids, might be due for an oil change..........🤦‍♂️
In case I can't make you could always stop by and pick one of mine up and use it if you didnt mind the down grade.That is if you dont get everything done

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!