NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Bolts and washer worked but getting those factory alan head bolts out was a PIA…

@-Bear- seems like 45mm might have been the right length when comparing to the factory ones (at least for my machine)
Look, the factory bolts that I have removed from my Talon have mostly stripped out on the Allen head, not to mention, they are just BARELY long enough to do their job. I have replaced 26 bolts so far that have been stripped from the factory. Not a fan so far. On the thread side, I have had 9 lose their threads....

Last edited:
-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Just can't find good help these days.
I don't blame him, he does a ton of stuff for me and is a very busy person. Aside from that, I did harass him all day about the bag and keep telling him, "You had one freaking job!" but in real life, he had almost $80K worth of shipments to get out that day! LOL, he is a good sport with a sense of humor

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Glad to have the Grabit tool … destroyed the one stuck bolt but it removed it NBD
If you don’t have a set…get one…probably the best Allen head extractor ever imo…

Powerbuilt 240094 8 Piece Zeon Metric Hex Bit Socket Set - with use for Damaged Fasteners, Standard, Rusted, Rounded Bolts, Size from 3mm to 10mm, Silver
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PH39ZFD?tag=sxsweb24-20

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Look, the factory bolts that I have removed from my Talon have mostly stripped out on the Allen head, not to mention, they are just BARELY long enough to do their job. I have replaced 26 bolts so far that have been stripped from the factory. Not a fan so far. On the thread side, I have had 9 lose their threads....
The others on the bed plate seem to be long enough from factory but those top ones were already starting to strip from dealer/factory…
IMG 6205

Compared to the 40mm I think I got (from Ace)
IMG 6206

advertisement
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Still trying to figure out where to put my stickers.. for the Pioneer were on the rear panels (I liked that location)… not sure I like the underside of the roof yet
The only reason I did the underside on mine was I didn’t want them all over and they stay protected up there. On the outside is cool but as much as I wash mine they wouldn’t last 2 months. I’ve replaced countless MOM stickers for peeps due to pressure washers

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
The only reason I did the underside on mine was I didn’t want them all over and they stay protected up there. On the outside is cool but as much as I wash mine they wouldn’t last 2 months. I’ve replaced countless MOM stickers for peeps due to pressure washers
Mine have stayed pretty well on the outside on the back panel so far

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!