P1000 Steep Slopes and hills

C

chadley2301

Apr 7, 2024
Southwest Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
New rider here- P10006- Question about going up hills, here's the scenario:

Going up a steep hill. STOP on hill for random reason, but then I want to keep going up the hill. Unfortunately I am rolling backwards. How can I continue going forward without frying gears, transmissions, etc?

Do I just ease into the gas as I'm rolling backward?

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500

Going up a steep hill. STOP on hill for random reason, but then I want to keep going up the hill. Unfortunately I am rolling backwards. How can I continue going forward without frying gears, transmissions, etc?

I thought the 1000s had hill start assist?
Otherwise use two feet.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Use your left foot on the brake to keep the vehicle stopped. And apply throttle as you release the brake.
All 1000-6 crew pioneers are Deluxe meaning they have the front locker not I 4wd and therefore do not have hill assist.
I bet with the long wheelbase of the crew it makes for a very comfortable feeling on hills just like the long wheelbase Jeeps.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2024 Honda Pioneer 1000-6 has a Hill Start Assist (HSA) button on the dash that allows the driver to temporarily apply brakeforce while moving their foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. This helps prevent the vehicle from rolling back after stopping on an ascent

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

advertisement
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2024 Honda Pioneer 1000-6 has a Hill Start Assist (HSA) button on the dash that allows the driver to temporarily apply brakeforce while moving their foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. This helps prevent the vehicle from rolling back after stopping on an ascent

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520

I hold it with the brake and 'catch' it with the gas, then go. Don't know if this is what the experts would do . . .

C

chadley2301

Apr 7, 2024
Southwest Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I thought the 1000s had hill start assist?
Otherwise use two feet.
I think two feet is the way to go. Takes me back to the days of my first car with a manual transmission.... Only one less pedal on the SxS. Thanks for all the input.

No HSA that I can see. It's a 2023 so maybe HSA was an upgrade for the 24s?

Also we could be stopping on a hill to grab a drink from the cooler in the dump bed, so maybe the PUB is the right spot!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think two feet is the way to go. Takes me back to the days of my first car with a manual transmission.... Only one less pedal on the SxS. Thanks for all the input.

No HSA that I can see. It's a 2023 so maybe HSA was an upgrade for the 24s?

Also we could be stopping on a hill to grab a drink from the cooler in the dump bed, so maybe the PUB is the right spot!
HSA may not be on the base and deluxe models. My LE (18 or 19 model) has it.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Likely bad advice and borderline condescending. Gotta defer to the other guys on this one.
Condescending? There are a buncha blue collar redneks on this site, including myself, you'll need to put on yer big boy pants to play here or you'll be offended ... a lot. All CP said was - 'use two feet' - :cool:

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!