The lower Ball Joint nut came off this weekend. L&W front arms.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I made a hot shot trip to TN Friday evening to ride with @Hometeam around Tackett Creek.
We made the loop up to find the horses, then down Franks trail, bottle rock, water trail and up the mountain.
At the first cave over in the Jellico area I lost a ball joint nut.
Would of been fine if I had stoped, but I thought I was just stuck on a rock.
I hit it again that's when I noticed my wheel sideways.
It pulled the axle out and then punched a hole in my differential.
I had a few nuts, but the threads were stripped so they didn't really hold.
I had a ball joint too but we decided to MacGyver it up and continue on.
Made it back no issues.
The aluminum, quarter size hole punch piece made a few grinding noise but it didn't catch or lock the diff up. luckley.

Thing is... I been running on this for almost 2 years. VERY HARD.... so IDK.

L&W lower arms. installed Feb 2022 and have not been removed since.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The lower arm doesn't really hold any weight.
Its mostly there for control.
We ran this another 20 miles on up and out.

. 2d155096f5bbeefe51d178c2f4b208d5Cf162d435fd61b6f7c7a97b75d783d3e0697fe5da6495817ea7e0c00212fd7e55f631b11f8705caad6e66fefbfc36e1a90247a759c0a7adbd98cd26e678571a489f121a2fe8ccf5621c36a381abe6590

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Man, I hate to see that. On a positive note you have a nice fill port for the front diff.

Stuff like this is a reminder to really look over the fine details of your suspension before heading out. I'm guilty as anyone, if I didn't mess with it, it should still be tight right? I've personally seen wheels come off, brake lines get cut, A-arms / ball joints like this all come unglued because the nuts spun off. Makes me cringe sometimes.

Glad you made it back, OK

advertisement
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I made a hot shot trip to TN Friday evening to ride with @Hometeam around Tackett Creek.
We made the loop up to find the horses, then down Franks trail, bottle rock, water trail and up the mountain.
At the first cave over in the Jellico area I lost a ball joint nut.
Would of been fine if I had stoped, but I thought I was just stuck on a rock.
I hit it again that's when I noticed my wheel sideways.
It pulled the axle out and then punched a hole in my differential.
I had a few nuts, but the threads were stripped so they didn't really hold.
I had a ball joint too but we decided to MacGyver it up and continue on.
Made it back no issues.
The aluminum, quarter size hole punch piece made a few grinding noise but it didn't catch or lock the diff up. luckley.

Thing is... I been running on this for almost 2 years. VERY HARD.... so IDK.

L&W lower arms. installed Feb 2022 and have not been removed since.
Man, I hate to see that. On a positive note you have a nice fill port for the front diff.

Stuff like this is a reminder to really look over the fine details of your suspension before heading out. I'm guilty as anyone, if I didn't mess with it, it should still be tight right? I've personally seen wheels come off, brake lines get cut, A-arms / ball joints like this all come unglued because the nuts spun off. Makes me cringe sometimes.

Glad you made it back, OK
I’ll tell ya what….you try and go ride with these so called mature kids these days and they don’t ever check over there machine to make sure things are tight or adjusted….always waiting for someone else to do it for them….dang woke bastards!! LOL
😂 🤓🤣😂🤣🤪

That was a crazy chain of events that led to the diff hole!!🤷🏽‍♂️ But it was a fun day!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!