Flatbed

A

azlongears

Jun 4, 2014
Well after looking at all the SXS forums, I pulled the trigger on a P2. Been a Honda guy for years and just couldn't stray. And I Freakin Love It!!!!

Not sure what the problem some guys are having with " lack of power" or "not being geared low enough," This thing has all the torque it needs. Have loaded it heavy, and pulled steep rough rocky hills in Southern Arizona. Way impressed with the Pioneer.

I wanted a little more space/options for the bed so I built a flatbed for it. Came out pretty nice. Enjoy. Love the Forum!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4672.jpg
    IMG_4672.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_4729.jpg
    IMG_4729.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_4726.jpg
    IMG_4726.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_5174.jpg
    IMG_5174.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,114
  • IMG_5176.jpg
    IMG_5176.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,900
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
WOW, All you guys with the skills. Did you do that in that garage. I don't see any tools capable of doing such work. Then again, I really have no clue what is needed... LOL. I am impressed and it looks sweet. You did a excellent job on it.

I got lots of questions...
What did you paint it with?
It looks like you did it at home What did you cut the sheet with?
You think the paint will hold up?
Is it Alumn or metal?

Asking because I have acquired 2 sheets and want to build a roof but not sure I have the skills. But seeing your work area gives me confidence I need to build it.

Edit.
I'm enjoying your flatbed so much I almost forgot to welcome you...
So... azlongears. WELCOME TO THE HONDASXS COMMUNITY. Since you been lurking around I want bore you with the general intro. Just know that if you ever have a question or a idea for the community let it be heard. This community belongs to its members.
Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not sure what the problem some guys are having with " lack of power" or "not being geared low enough," This thing has all the torque it needs. Have loaded it heavy, and pulled steep rough rocky hills in Southern Arizona. Way impressed with the Pioneer.
We honestly have yet to figure this out. Some have plenty of power while others do not. I am hopping its something like a programming update that may have been issued after few months into production and honda is keeping a DL on it...

A

azlongears

Jun 4, 2014
Thanks for all the comments!!

Besides having the tubing bent, yes did it all on my garage floor. Cut the 4x8 sheet of steel diamond plate with an angle grinder. Its powder coated, so yes it'll hold up.

I got all the metal for it from Industrial Metal Supply here in Tucson. I had the 1 3/4" steel tubing bent at a sand rail fabricator, but the rest I did myself. It was prety easy. I basically used the framework that the stock bed uses, had to cut off a few vertical supports, but it mounts on pretty solid. The steel diamond plate is 14 gauge, and after powdercoating it weighs 108lbs. Total I have about $450 into it minus labor.

The P2 rides the same, actually quieter, cause there is no bed rattle or squeak.
And no it doesn't let any more engine heat up then the stock bed cause I tried to keep the gaps and spacing them same. Hope that answers some questions!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!