hold back power

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
ok I have read a lot about the pioneer pulling power can anyone tell me how the hold back power does it down shift and hold back or do you have to ride the brakes I have not bought one yet they do not have any in stock but it is on my list thank u

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
welcome to the site it will downshift itself to keep the power going

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
thanks just how well does it hold back going down a hill.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
engine braking works real good going down hills

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
The engine braking is really good on the Pioneer 700. On more than one occasion I was really glad I had it. It can be a little annoying when you want to go fast down a hill and it engages the engine brake. Overall it does a great job! For safety reasons on steep descents, I wouldn't have a machine that doesn't have engine braking

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
It has engine breaking but to me it's pretty weak. I have gained speed going down steep hills which is normal but i wish it had better engine breaking. If you are going to pull a trailer with some weight to it or on it. You are still going to have to ride brakes.

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
Ok now I can answer my own question. It takes a while to get use to but it does do a good job of holding back I"v not tried it with a load yet I say it is like being in second gear of my rancher so it is not a creeper. here in wv we have some fairly step hills and I have not had any problem unless it is very rough then I need to apply the brakes usually I will not need to apply the brake until I'm ready for the final stop I am not a fast rider and like a smooth ride at first I didn't care much for the way it worked but there is a sweet spot just before the engine braking takes over after learning were that is it's much more enjoyable ride. beats the heck out of belt driven units I have rode on.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
It does hold back but not enough on mountainous terrain ,It's due to only having a 3 speed trans, so the speed at which it holds back is to high in some circumstance's. It may be fine for most people but I ride in steep mtn conditions in Washington and Oregon most of the time where my average speed is 10 mph.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!