Receiver rear dog box ideas

Y

yomama

Aug 23, 2014
Does anyone have pictures of dog boxes mounted on the rear and elevated, so mud and snow aren't covering my dogs during my hunting season. I would like to put a kennel on the rear, so I can leave a dog behind at times and still carry 4 passengers.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
E33a9c76bb6097dbb966a76f2208af1a
4a3022f9e977ef3386e268e2f09a5981

I use it for a 75qt ORCA cooler. Should hold @200lbs I can stand on it without it flexing.

Y

yomama

Aug 23, 2014
Thanks for the picture. I was thinking of something like your picture and possibly extending the bar further back and allowing the tailgate to lower. Then I could store hunting gear or slide the dog box up against the rear seats.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about that too but didn't want to put too much leverage on the receiver. I put the scissor jack and tool bag behind the seats. I carry the cooler and a spare tire on the rack gonna make a tire mount for it at some point.

I originally braced it off the ROPS with some ratchet tiedowns to stabilize it, but it flexed it too much. It made the bed hit the front seat bracing. It rocks back and forth a bit but it's not going anywhere. Considering I had the rack and tubing laying around I can deal with a little movement.

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
I am going to mount mine off of some mounting brackets hooked onto the roll cage. My dog box is an over the box style for a pickup. Two holes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!