skid plate

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I found a piece of plate aluminum in my other shed the other day. after some measuring I came up with this. it only has one bend. if I had a longer press brake and a larger piece of aluminum I would have made it fold over the side rail. I used 1/4 20 rivet nuts to mount it. it works out well and realy adds a lot of protection. now I will re do my flaps to keep some of the mud out of there.

Attachments

• small skid.png
    small skid.png
    919.7 KB · Views: 321
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Looks good. Its amazing how much mud etc; is kept out with doing a simple mod like this.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
last year at the pioneer ride during the group ride it felt like the brakes were dragging. no power. turns out I had about 800 pounds of mud built up under Neath the bike. I then drove though every deep puddle I could find until the power came back. since then we go though puddle on rainy days.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!