ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Around here spark arresters are not required.
I can't say that it makes any difference in power, but it does sound WAY better without it.

Anyone know if it would do any damage because of loss of back pressure? Sound goes from 89db to 95db.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i would think the ecm would compensate for the increased exhaust flow i wouldnt think it would hurt anything but im no expert

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have found 2 things from doing this in the past.
Less back pressure means it may backfire and pop when you let off the gas at full throttle. Or at least my Rincon and Rubicon did that.
No screen means mud and dirt can easily enter if you ever get it that deep. I clogged up my Rubicon muffler that way, ended up buying a new one.

It does sound nice doesn't it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
I have found 2 things from doing this in the past.
Less back pressure means it may backfire and pop when you let off the gas at full throttle. Or at least my Rincon and Rubicon did that.
No screen means mud and dirt can easily enter if you ever get it that deep. I clogged up my Rubicon muffler that way, ended up buying a new one.

It does sound nice doesn't it.

1. I rarely run it wide open.
B. I'm not going to go deep enough I'm sitting in mud myself.
3 or C. Yes it does!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!