CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am curious to know if this would work
When I jack mine up, I can hear the tires scrubbing sideways as they move inward (quite a bit I think). When I release the jack, it stays way up in the air until I can roll it (one direction or the other). A 2" ratchet strap has more than enough pull to hold the two sides together IMO. So I think it's a doable plan.

Last edited:
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Shorter yes but narrower?
might want to put shorter arms in it? Im being a smart ass with that comment. But seriously, Ive never seen a sxs get narrower unless you put some very narrow tires and wheels on it, might gain u a inch or maybe 2? thats alot of cabbage to spend to gain very little. upgrading to a trailer that will house your machine better might be a better option
I agree with Remington. Get a larger trailer. I would only have load and unload a couple of times changing tires to get the motivation to upgrade the trailer. After all, the SxS is a money pit, just one more accessory item to buy. 😋😋😋

N

nlbarber

Nov 23, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
My two cents....

I have a 7' wide trailer (less than that for the entry). I have a 1000R with 1.5" rear spacers on 10" wide tires. I also had trouble with width pulling the Talon into the trailer as I would consistently rub against the sides. I solved the issue by having a new suspension installed (Shock Therapy) which, while making the machine taller, significantly reduced the width of the machine (~3-4"). The weight of accessories on the machine had really flattened out the rear suspension and getting the right suspension resolved those issues while also adding ground clearance and significantly increasing rideability. Hoping this can help you in your situation.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My two cents....

I have a 7' wide trailer (less than that for the entry). I have a 1000R with 1.5" rear spacers on 10" wide tires. I also had trouble with width pulling the Talon into the trailer as I would consistently rub against the sides. I solved the issue by having a new suspension installed (Shock Therapy) which, while making the machine taller, significantly reduced the width of the machine (~3-4"). The weight of accessories on the machine had really flattened out the rear suspension and getting the right suspension resolved those issues while also adding ground clearance and significantly increasing rideability. Hoping this can help you in your situation.
Good point. My two spares (for solo desert exploring) squished my rear tenders over time and I was maxed out on preload. This resulted in 10" of ground clearance, spec'd at 14" with 30" tires. Adding Weller springs spec'd for my additional weight allowed me to get my ground clearance back up to 14".

Reactions: ChadD and Ohio4x4
Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
I agree with Remington. Get a larger trailer. I would only have load and unload a couple of times changing tires to get the motivation to upgrade the trailer. After all, the SxS is a money pit, just one more accessory item to buy. 😋😋😋
Here is another option:
58467546 3ADF 469B A7BD EB777295DABE
F37EEBD3 6E33 4AB0 A592 8E8A94FF60F1

I used this for the height issue on my Talon, but this could work to reduce the width as well. Relatively inexpensive, and it can be a small pain but it works for me - no new trailer required...
F37EEBD3 6E33 4AB0 A592 8E8A94FF60F1
1386050F 1799 4B3C 9F6F 8B1ACA7420C6
75D0D384 A10D 4E08 9BAC 419ED5C7A4BC

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Reactions: ChadD
G

GoldwingDct

May 2, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes you can. I would do it to my X and load it in my toyhauler and haul it 1500 miles
Jack it up until wheels off ground and used a 2” strap to hold it in place
Done it a lot of times with no problem

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!