P700 4WD linkage question

T

Theskater101388

Sep 4, 2021
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
So underneath where the 4wd cable runs to into the front diff, it connects to an arm that has a black plastic cover over it. The arm pulls up to go into 4wd and drops down when you put it in 2wd. Mine is having an issue with dropping back down to 2wd completely. I’ll be in 4wd and put it in 2wd, and the arm will drop down but won’t go down the last like 2mm and it won’t disengage 4wd. It just doesn’t do it on its own and we can’t figure out why. We ended up rigging a spring (also nut as a spacer because the spring was a little short) onto the cable/linkage to push the arm down positively because it just needed that extra help. Am I crazy for thinking that there should already be a spring on it to do this. It almost looks like one would actually go there. Anyone have experience with this that can shed some light on this because I’m sorta baffled lol.
Oh and the cable tension isn’t the issue. It was adjusted to where it would offer no resistance/restriction of the arm movement in order to eliminate an adjustment/tension issue.
Pic of the setup attached

62D4DF32 5E38 4FAC 9C86 5C8B4293A3D1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!