Alternate Rear Cargo Box

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't like "soft" boxes and the hard box is too large for my liking. What boxes have you adapted to the rear rack that works well? I am considering the Rubbermaid 48 gallon box. http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...gclid=CNzAkYKF9sACFQxp7AodQH8Azg&gclsrc=aw.ds Dimensions look like it would be a decent fit and is less than $80 at Walmart. Some bracket clamps and should be good to go. I have used the smaller version in boats and have lasted a long time.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I bought one like this for my P4. It fits just perfect in the bed, no straps needed.

M

mikeyd

Aug 3, 2014
Fitted this to the rack, its an old scouts box.
Check out the fishing rod rack to the right!

Attachments

• comp_pio.jpg
    comp_pio.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 2,475
M

mikeyd

Aug 3, 2014
Some nice muskies on your site there joe!
The rack is one half of a wall mount system which I (you guessed it) zip tied to the frame
The reel stem sits right on the lower cross bar behind the seat and the rod pushes into the rack.
Vertical and out of the way.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
mikeyd said:
Some nice muskies on your site there joe!

That is my son Joe, that purchased the P500. I'm the old guy in the pictures. :lol:

I think I will give the large action packer a try.

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
mikeyd said:
Fitted this to the rack, its an old scouts box.
Check out the fishing rod rack to the right!

I like the scout box idea. I'm thinking about whipping up a similar kitchen camp box for elk camp this year to put on my P5.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!