Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
OK, dumb question. Was washing the P1K5 earlier (first nice day in a long time). When I was washing the front, I noticed that the LED headlight assemblies were slightly loose inside the front facia. Both of them. I could wiggle them just a little and they were certainly not "tight". Is that by design? I don't recall removing they headlight assemblies from the front facia when I had it all apart for the heater install, but ... you never know - I am getting old.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah. Mine were like that too from back in 16’ I think its by deaign

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, dumb question. Was washing the P1K5 earlier (first nice day in a long time). When I was washing the front, I noticed that the LED headlight assemblies were slightly loose inside the front facia. Both of them. I could wiggle them just a little and they were certainly not "tight". Is that by design? I don't recall removing they headlight assemblies from the front facia when I had it all apart for the heater install, but ... you never know - I am getting old.
Evidently this is the way they are made. When I picked up my '21 Pioneer 1000-5, they took it the mechanic for the "once over" before I left and he discovered the same thing. He was on his 47th year as a tech and had never noticed this before. He took the headlight assembly out because he thought something was loose. After checking this out against the other machines on the lot, the conclusion was it was made that way. Has not caused any issues for me.

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks, everybody, and appreciate the details from your dealership, @jenk61.

Reactions: Lady01 and jenk61

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!