P1000 Clutch issues

S

sidewayzs14

Apr 5, 2023
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-5
Already made a couple posts but still can't find a remedy.

18 p1k5 is dragging when upshifting and will not complete dct relearn.

List of things I've done, new battery, cleaned grounds (two that ive found, frame and engine), replaced outer clutch basket, new emergency valve, and new dct oil pressure relief valve.

Battery has 12.4 volts off and 14.4 at idle. I've cleaned all valves for clutch body and solenoids, and took apart shift motor and cleaned. I've thrown all the parts I can think of at it and still at square one.

This machine was abused by previous owner, I haven't put 3 miles on it since I've owned it. I've read the service manual and can't find anything else to do to fix this.

PLEASE HELP

• Sad
Reactions: CID
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
#27 in the valve body

Screenshot 20230531 235353 Chrome

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By "dragging" do you mean the clutches are slipping?

What gears is it slipping in? You replaced the outer clutch basket (R,1,3,5 gear.) Is it still slipping in those gears, or is it slipping in 2,4,6?

Reactions: CID
S

sidewayzs14

Apr 5, 2023
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-5
It is accelerating correctly, it is only at the shift point where engine revs with a delay or drag then shifts into next gear.

Reactions: slowdryrider
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right - in all gears, or in every other gear? Have you noticed any difference?

S

sidewayzs14

Apr 5, 2023
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-5
Consistent through all gears. No codes, fresh oil and filters. When attempting dct relearn I can hear a ticking around 6 times like a solenoid is trying to engage

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Consistent through all gears. No codes, fresh oil and filters. When attempting dct relearn I can hear a ticking around 6 times like a solenoid is trying to engage
2 things, first got to hit “relpy” on someones post so u get the box above, then type your answer, cuz If there not roaming on this page or frequently coming back, they may never know that you responded.
We technically do not have to do that for you cuz your the OP and you will get a notice everytime we post on it.

Second, you have the best @snuffnwhisky giving u advise to this. Do what he says first and nothing else then report back, but dont forget to hit “reply” to him or tag him or he might not check back in to continue to help u.

advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does your 18 have the updated clutch cover. There was some 16-Early 18s that had trouble with the clutch slipping so they had a campaign to update the cover. It allowed for more oiling for what I remember. My 18 had the updated cover so I didn't have to worry about it. Might be something to look into on the forum. I believe the updated cover has a protrusion that indicates it is the upgrade.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might not fix your problem but just something to check before you have trouble again.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does your 18 have the updated clutch cover. There was some 16-Early 18s that had trouble with the clutch slipping so they had a campaign to update the cover. It allowed for more oiling for what I remember. My 18 had the updated cover so I didn't have to worry about it. Might be something to look into on the forum. I believe the updated cover has a protrusion that indicates it is the upgrade.
By 18 they were all shipped with the new cover, I believe. It applied to the 16's and some 17's.

H

HondaTech

Only all '16 models and very few '17 models had the old cover from the factory.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!